IGNORED

Can We Follow The Iron Butt Riders?

skyking44

Two years ago we were able to follow the Iron Butt riders, on our computers, as they rode the rally. I have not been able to find the site for this years rally which started today. Does anyone know where it is?

thanks.

I have the link to the IBA site but it does not have a link to the web site where one can see the actual track and current location of riders who have equipped their bikes with the tracking device.

George Brown
My vote is for George Barnes to win hands down thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif
He's my favorite. Fasterpill and I met George while waiting to sign up for a test ride at the '01 BMWMOA Rally. Spent about 75 minutes talking to him while we waited. Great Guy!
Rocket_Cowboy
My vote is for George Barnes to win hands down thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Having ridden (and lost) a couple rallies to Jim Owen this year, my money's on him to pull this one off this time. His new R12RT isn't going to let him down like the 1150 did last year.

DavidEBSmith

There is a special login for friends & family to see where their own rider is, but that won't be (shouldn't be) made public, for many reasons. (For one, if I were a competitive rider in the Rally, I wouldn't want my competitors to know where I'd been and where I was going and how fast).

Steve,

I feel the same way. However, when you follow the master, it's hard not to be compared as somehow lacking.

The rally format this year is also different which makes it more difficult to report.

I hope he keeps doing it for a few more years so we have a body of work to judge, not just his rookie attempts.

Regards,

Wow, some of those guys are really going to have to boogey to get back to S. Louis tomorrow evening by 9 PM when the window closes.

Might saunter on over tomorrow and see the show.

Rob started first. Let's see how he stands at the end of leg one.

Yeeha! Stephen
Steve,

I feel the same way. However, when you follow the master, it's hard not to be compared as somehow lacking.

The rally format this year is also different which makes it more difficult to report.

I hope he keeps doing it for a few more years so we have a body of work to judge, not just his rookie attempts.

Regards,

The little trick of giving the riders a Bonus for calling in a report, seems to have worked. Tonights report has the tidbits that are making for interesting reading.

"Sideswiped a Moose"! lurker.gif

Archived