IGNORED

Unbelievable Deer\Bike Video

MI2Wheels

I didn't see any brake lights come on. That's amazing.

A particularly observant rider would have been scanning the ditches, and hit the brakes before the deer even started across the road.

A less observant rider, but one who is knowledgeable about deer, would have at least applied brakes after the first one bolted across the road, because when there's one there's usually more.

But I didn't see any brakes at all. The only rider response I could spot was the guy ducking his head to avoid a very near miss by the jumping deer.

Amazing......Brakes?...no time for that until the bike that was jumped "over" stopped at the next place to "clear" his shorts lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

That one was definitely NOT frozen in the head lights.
Perhaps that was why there were no brake lights ... the riders were just riding along in "deer-stupor"!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Amazing......Brakes?...no time for that until the bike that was jumped "over" stopped at the next place to "clear" his shorts lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Or extract his seat.

I am utterly amaized at how well timed it was. Watch the daredeer's shadow disappear as the bike passes under.

That's an excellent example of why it's not very important to worry about deer. As was made clear in the video, nobody had any time to react to the crossing deer. From side-to-side, it crossed in about two seconds and nobody, even if they had been expecting it, would have been able to take any kind of evasive action.

Deer clearly fall into the "luck" category.

I saw something just like this happen in Wisconsin about a month ago. Unlike the YouTube video that the OP links to, there was no traffic except for a red Chevy that was about 200 yards ahead of us as we drove down a two-lane state highway flanked by cornfields.

Showing either exceptional stupidity or a lot of confidence in its jumping ability, a big-ass deer ran out of the cornfield on the near side of the road and jumped right over the Chevy, with which it was on a collision course. My Wisconsin deer did it a little differently than the Sturgis deer, however. Just before intercepting the Chevy, she was running up a steep embankment. As she sailed over the trunk of the Chevy, she pushed off the trunk with her hind legs. I imagine that didn't do the paint job any good, but it was an incredible show of coordination and physical prowess.

Too bad that they can't transfer a bit of that physical prowess to their pea brains. I try to be very careful when riding in deer country, but sometimes you have no chance of reacting.

Unbelievable is right. Look *really* closely at that video. IMHO, I think it's BS. NO ONE on the road has any indication that the deer is there (including the guy taking the video). The deer *looks* fishy. Someone did some videoshop editing here.. I call fake...

Unbelievable is right. Look *really* closely at that video. IMHO, I think it's BS. NO ONE on the road has any indication that the deer is there (including the guy taking the video). The deer *looks* fishy. Someone did some videoshop editing here.. I call fake...

The camera bike flinched and swerved quite a bit when he saw it. Everyone else was either too close to react or far enough away to not have to do anything out of the ordinary. It looks legit to me.

I don't believe it is fake, look at both the deer's shadow in the first image, and then the rider's obvious "flinch" in the second! Amazing.

188678070-L.jpg

I'll bet his guy had to change his shorts at the next pull out.

I had this exact thing happen to me on a road that cut across a steep grade, the deer went right over my head from the high side, to the low side. Cleared me by at least 10' "above" but scared me significantly.

A particularly observant rider would have been scanning the ditches, and hit the brakes before the deer even started across the road.

Maybe they were all wearing "Deer goggles" and couldn't see him until he was exposed to full sunlight!!! confused.gifconfused.gifgrin.gifwave.gifclap.giflmao.giflurker.gifeek.gif

Fake or not, it's impressive in the video.

I had a similar incident happen about 3 year ago on the little connector road from Hwy 49 at the confluence of the north and middle forks of the American River up to Forrest Hill Rd. You Norcal folks should know that road. My son was riding pillion and we were passing a car after exiting a left hander. The idiot antlered rodent jumped from the right low side of the road out of the bushes, leaped over the hood of the car and nearly clipped my son's head with his hind hooves as he cleared us. It was the most amazing example of athletic leaping ability I've ever seen and I'm damn glad that stupid deer managed to clear us all.

No time to react, you're simply along for the ride as nature attacks.

Here's what a deer's butt looks like just after it crosses your bow up close and personal.

DSC01439.jpg

I HATE DEER!

Do you get extra points if you shot one while riding? If this were so, word might get out in the deer community and they would stop bugging the motorcyclists. clap.gif

Easyrider5258 (Mark)

I think its amazing that it happened Four Times in the space of a few yards !!! eek.gif, seems the local deer population were having a laugh that day thumbsup.gif

Archived