IGNORED

Noob Question

Roninfla1

Recent owner of 2000 R1100RT. I want to add some high mirrors, like a handlebar mount or grip mount but not a bar end mount. I've done some searching and the general opinion is that a 1100GS mirrors will work. Before I plunk down $100.00 or so I want to be sure these will work.

Tomorrow I check if the Honda Ruckus mirrors will work. Just trying to save a few $$$. I'm up for anything

Try to find a pair of K1200RS mirrors from about 2002-2004. These are NOT the solid stalk type on the GS model. The KRS type have a split in the middle and supposedly do not vibrate as much. Make sure you ask if the nuts come with them, if not, pull out your wallet. They are expensive buggers at $8.00 each. Sorry no pic. Try www.beemerboneyard.com, www.re-psycle.com, and any other BMW used parts store.

russell_bynum

DO the late-model K1200RS mirrors fit the R1100RT?

I know they fit the R1150RT (with a bit of dremel work, if memory serves), but I wasn't sure about the 1100.

DO the late-model K1200RS mirrors fit the R1100RT?

I know they fit the R1150RT (with a bit of dremel work, if memory serves), but I wasn't sure about the 1100.

Yes they will.

Decided to go with the 1100GS mirrors, the single stalk ones. Next week I'll post how this works out..Thanks for all the suggestion..More question to come. At least I'll be able to give advise for a change..

I bought some GS mirrors at Beemer Boneyard for a great price. They will hit the RT windscreen when the screen is down and you are doing slow speed turns (i.e. parking lot). So watch your screen position or you may not make the turn you THINK you're going to make.

I put the GS mirrors on to see around the "U-Pack" when traveling.

I've been looking for a set of those 1100GS mirrors myself. Seems everyone here has beaten me to them. dopeslap.gif

I like the idea of many mirrors muchly.

I bought some GS mirrors at Beemer Boneyard for a great price. They will hit the RT windscreen when the screen is down and you are doing slow speed turns (i.e. parking lot). So watch your screen position or you may not make the turn you THINK you're going to make.

I put the GS mirrors on to see around the "U-Pack" when traveling.

I kinda like the K1200GT and F800ST mirrors. Anyone used these on an R11xx?

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally installed 1100GS mirrors and they are an easy fit,but they do hit my Aeroflo screen when turned just short of lock in either direction. I can lock the front forks but just barely as the mirrors brush the screen. I can live with this as my rear view is significantly improved in my opinion. On to more FARKLES lmao.gif

Archived