IGNORED

Florida lunch, 8/19/07 Tale

BULLman

Mucho thanks to the Wade clan for putting me upand the great steak dinner thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif [loved the corn lmao.gif]

Good to see that Marty Hill was the special guest, and WWMHD? Take the spare bed lmao.gif

Thanks to RandyS whose idea to meet wave.gif Also, thanks to knifemaker for the free lunch wave.gif

All in all a fun overnite stay was had, defintely worth the 400 mile roundtrip ride.....

...but, I think Marty had the right idea - AC lmao.gif

Home. 800 miles for a great dinner/thanks Danny. Great to finally meet both of you. Great to see everyone at lunch.

See you at bike turkeyfest and cedar key. wave.gif

Danny, not to worry-the ac worked just fine on the trip home. dopeslap.gif

It was a pleasure to meet you, Marty.

Glad to hear you have no hypothermia symptoms. lmao.gif

See you at El Paseo. wave.gif

This tale is worthless without incriminating photographs!!!!!

Who you callin' worthless, worthless? At least we made it to an event.

Which reminds me. You got that white elephant back together yet?

lurker.gifwave.gif

Everything started off ok:

IMG_0296a.jpg

My son Cody riding the Guzzi and I was riding the Ultra Classic...As we got about 6 miles down the roade the Guzzi's charging system started giving Cody a hard time so we parked the Guzzi at the Ace Hardware and continued forward.

Destination: The Outback Crab Shack just south of Jacksonville Florida.

IMG_0304a.jpg

The Views:

IMG_0314a.jpg

http://www.motocycle-addict.com/images/IMG_0316a.jpg

The Bikes:

IMG_0299a.jpg

IMG_0302a.jpg

IMG_0307a.jpg

IMG_0313a.jpg

The Food:

IMG_0324a.jpg

The Friends:

IMG_0325a.jpg

IMG_0320a.jpg

IMG_0322a.jpg

IMG_0326a.jpg

Deep in thought....If that is possible lmao.gif Bill(Road Scholar) Cody...Matt...

After the ride went stopped by to look at Bernie's new beautiful R1200RT..and got the Guzzi Home thumbsup.gif

Sorry I took so long with the pics.......Now eat your crawfish! tongue.gif

Forgot to put in plug for Nathan (Matt's son)....Happy BIRTHDAY.....5 years old.......

Randy, We started out the ride great with "The Old Brick Rd". Challenging but fun. It was good to meet some new people from your other site and Danny's sweet wife Laura Lee. thumbsup.gif

That was a hell of a road. I want to do it again, but with HALF a tank of gas, and TKC80s aired down to about 15 lbs, lol.

Nice seeing everyone again, and meeting the ones I hadnt met before!

no, crawfish = mudbugs

shrimp = good eats!

I think crawfish are closer to mini lobsters, live in the mud of the rivers and such.

Excellent photos Bill! I had my camera in the bike but after we ran so late (duh ... let's not go there dopeslap.gifeek.gif ) I didn't take any photos.

Great turnout and I was pleasantly surprised to see the large number of folks that I knew either locally or through the various online forums.

no, crawfish = mudbugs

shrimp = good eats!

I think crawfish are closer to mini lobsters, live in the mud of the rivers and such.

Randy, I think that we need to hold one of these gigs down in Dah Keys ... someplace where you can get grilled lobster. Then we'll see if you think that mudbugs are mini lobster wink.gif

I'm havin' a little fun with you here, but when I think of mudbugs I think of Louisiana. Do they even catch them here in Floriduh?

Damn ... what I'd do for grilled lobster right about now ... clap.gif

The food at the Outback is excellent. Their peel and eat shrimp weren't anything exotic but they were done just right and were very tasty. And although we didn't order 'gator tail this time, I've gotten 'gator tail there and had plenty of leftovers. 'gator warms up nicely for lunch and the cats really enjoy it (sort of a reversal on the normal Florida food chain I guess bncry.gif )

Good seeing you yesterday John...Glad you joined the board...

Thanks Bill. I think that I actually signed up some time ago but never posted anything. I'm pretty active on the ADVRider board and a few other things (I've been on the Internet BMW list since about a month after it started). I found out about the luncheon via the MTF forum but since it appears that there are so many local folks on this board I might actually stick 'round a bit wink.giflurker.gif

Glad it turned out OK. Sorry I couldn't hang around the extra day and make the ride/food (I actually drove up to Jacksonville on Friday and then back down to Tampa before leaving Saturday.)

Of course, I'm not so sure I'm THAT into southern cuisine to have tried crawfish. smile.gif

Glad it turned out OK. Sorry I couldn't hang around the extra day and make the ride/food (I actually drove up to Jacksonville on Friday and then back down to Tampa before leaving Saturday.)

Of course, I'm not so sure I'm THAT into southern cuisine to have tried crawfish. smile.gif

Sooo, you were in Jax, & didn't let me know?

Who's the schmuck now, clown?

Next time I'm in Provo...

lurker.gif

Sooo, you were in Jax, & didn't let me know?

Who's the schmuck now, clown?

Next time I'm in Provo...

lurker.gif

OK, but before I get the schmuck label, here's my trip to Jax: I finished teaching my class (yeah, I guess I talk fast) at noon in St. Pete, drove to Jax to update my grandparents' computer, found out my Grandpa was just in a diabetic coma because he didn't eat after taking his insulin shot, but 2 hours and 1 ambulance visit later, he's fine, I update his iMac to OS X 10.4, we go to dinner with the fam, and then by 11:30pm I'm back in St. Pete to catch my 7:50am flight out of Tampa.

The idea came up just the night before and dinner really wasn't that great (Not surprised that Smokey Bones ain't doin' so hot for Darden, I can get better BBQ here in Provo).

However, next time I'm at the Times-Union or Record (or even Savannah, Tallahassee, or Gainesville), you'll get a call. I usually hit Florida two or three times a year, but we're so busy at work that they're just trying to have us do as much remotely as possible. Good for business, bad for my FF mileage account.

Scooterbrained

Danny, Laura Lee, Rich, it was nice meeting you three and talking and riding with ya'll and Bill. Thanks Danny and Laura for the southern hospitality.

Marty

(Not Marty Hill)

Tom told me if I put "THE" picture of him PUSHING you into the river he would send those west coast guys into Florida and you know we can not have that happen... lmao.giflmao.gif

Archived