IGNORED

The Gunnison Rides

rdfrantz

John Bellantonio has done a masterful job putting together the rides for our Gathering. Each Ride is defined by a map, Directions, and an Description by John. They are awesome rides too.

There are All-Day and Partial Day rides. Each directs us to a varied kind of road set, scenery, and points of interest. No, you can't do them all in two days.

We'll have handouts (about 75 for each ride) available where you check in for the Gathering. John or I will be around to answer any questions you have about them. And, as Road Captain, I'll do my

best to ensure there's a competent leader for rides that people wish to do "The RT.COM way".

I've posted the rides so you can see them. Right now, there are some small errors in them, and one more needs to be posted. But, I wanted you to have them for this weekend, before I left for Tech Daze in Marin. We'll get them sorted out completely on Monday.

The rides are couched in a small site about the Gathering. I figured you might appreciate having

all the data about the Gathering in, or accessible from one place. I hope it serves.

If there's anything further you consider I can do for you, please let me know.

I look forward to seeing you all in The Rockies.

The Gathering

Ya'll did a fantastic job on the site. I can hardly wait to get there. Next week is going to be a really long week in anticipation of leaving.

dean

Gosh, I wish we had 5 days......at a minimum. The site is awesome. GREAT job Dick! Great job John! Great job EVERYONE!

Now, to make all the difficult ride choices. What an array of options!! I may not go back to Illinios!

Oh My Gawd General Dick.

If you had bOObs I would dump my wife..

You are not only good lookin you are multi talented tongue.gif

see you next sunday

Coloradoridr

One more ride that is really fun, is from Creede to Lake City, to Gunnison on Hwy 149. Even though I live in Lake City and know every turn by memory, it's still a great ride. It has many turns of varying degree and grade, and hardly a ticket-writing undersherriff outside of Lake City's Hinsdale County. But with Hell's Angels coming, speeding tickets may become more popular. Lake City is a quaint little tourist town.

Guy

Forgive me, but what is the PACE group ride method? Any chance there is some info you could point me to to review?

Thansk for all your efforts! Gunnison, TIGTBSMF

Forgive me, but what is the PACE group ride method? Any chance there is some info you could point me to to review?color=blue>

Here's a link to a reprint of the original article by Nick. It's been widely dissimenated and used all over the world. He wrote it more than a decade ago. Lots of Dick's stuff is based on it.

Dick and John,

I opened your rides web site from work at about 2:00 this afternoon. I had about 3-4 hours of office tasks planned for the balance of my day. As soon as I opened your site, I was done......stick a fork in me....might as well leave for gunny right now. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day.

What an awesome job!

In reply to:

.....stick a fork in me....might as well leave for gunny right now. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day.

That's how I have been all week. I try to keep my mind on work, since I've got several projects coming due right now, but I keep drifting off into my packing list, my map software, or just checking the BBS to see what the latest is on the "Un-Rally"!

It's amazing that I have done any work at all this week. I'm ready to go! NOW!!! Delorme says I have 1400 miles of beautiful roads to travel in order to meet y'all next weekend. I guess that's not really enough miles to leave now, so I have to wait.

But damn, I have to wait all the way through the weekend and two more days of "work". Well, at least I can go ride the RT home from work, maybe take a slightly indirect route.

See you in Gunnison!

Two more days of work! Consider yourself lucky.....I've got Mon-Thursday to pretend that I am engaged and focused on our end of quarter push.

I should have resisted looking at the Rides website............

We are not going to be able to leave until after work on Friday. So, most of ya'll will already be on your way before we leave. But, we will have ten days of just us and the bike. It's gonna be a blast!

dean

John,

Outstanding job on the local rides. They are so good, I have rearranged my schedule and will make Gunnison. It is one of many reasons along with wanting to see old friends and meet new ones.

Can Gunnison handle the Hell's Angels after dealing with the OldRider??? That is the true question.

See you all in Gunnison

John Bellantonio

Guy,

We have the ride to Lake City and South Fork all lined out. It should be posted on the Gathering site very soon and BTW it IS a great ride.

Thanks to all for the praise. It was a pleasure for Dick and I to put this together.

For those of you who haven't met Dick Frantz let me tell you, he is a first class guy. I couldn't have completed this project without his very patient help.

Hope to see you all in Gunnison.

Well, I know that the color printer at the office is gonna get a workout tomorrow. Great work on the planning, time/mileage estimates guys, thanks.

Like a total goofus, I actually started laying out all my stuff on Saturday, a full freakin' WEEK before liftoff. You'd think I worked for NASA or sumthin'.

BTW, Dallas contingent stopping in Dalhart Sat. PM to prep for the stretch on Sunday. See y'all there.

Damn, all this foreplay is fun.....

You Dallas sissies!! I rode from San Antonio to RATON in a day. And that was on the "ergonomically challenged" RS. Poooo.

Don't you want to wake up in the crisp air of High Country?

It was great to be able to put out something that helped.

RD sez: "You Dallas sissies!! I rode from San Antonio to RATON in a day. And that was on the "ergonomically challenged" RS. Poooo."

Them's fightin' words, boy...remember how far Santee Anna come just ta have his ass whupped? ...and that was on a horse!

I guess I'll blame it on the fact that we have a new rider with us, Bill's son Jason. But really it's Bill1100 that is the sissie. (Sorry, Bill)

Riding from SA to Raton is decent, but what time of year? Anything but July/August just don't count.

DAMN, I'm ready to go!

Archived