IGNORED

When will the 2008 RT's hit the Showroom

iBMUR

I had an interesting conversation with a sales person at a BMW dealership last evening. We were discussing the 2007 RT's when I asked about when the 2008's would arrive. She said that she heard from a reliable source that the RT's won't arrive until next spring.

Seems a little late, no?

The sell down of the current RT inventories would suggest to me that they will arrive sooner rather than later. Her point was that they were staging the production cycle that presumably was going to focus on other models first.

Can anyone confirm or dispell the rumor?

I'm hearing from a few dealers, we'll be getting info, (colors, etc., etc.) last week of Aug./ first week of Sept., for ordering purposes.

Then RT production begins Sept., with new RTs arriving (on our shores) around Nov.

That's what I'm hearing, but don't know for sure.

In case you haven't already seen it, there's a sneak preview of the colors that I've pasted below. I've heard that the R&D team discovered a problem with the pink sidecases fading in sunlight, and that's why the '08 might not appear in showrooms until March.

865240-1200RT-2008-seasick-green.jpg

865240-1200RT-2008-disgusting-pink.jpg

In case you haven't already seen it, there's a sneak preview of the colors that I've pasted below. I've heard that the R&D team discovered a problem with the pink sidecases fading in sunlight, and that's why the '08 might not appear in showrooms until March.

UGH!!!! Is that for real? Are the Germans going french now? How ugly, 08 will not be a bike I will ever own.

Looking at them at 5:30 in the morning was not much fun either. eek.gifbncry.gif

Paul Mihalka
UGH!!!! Is that for real? Are the Germans going french now? How ugly, 08 will not be a bike I will ever own.

Looking at them at 5:30 in the morning was not much fun either. eek.gifbncry.gif

Didn't you notice the bulge where NoHeat had his tongue deeply buried in his cheek? lmao.gif

Didn't you notice the bulge where NoHeat had his tongue deeply buried in his cheek? lmao.gif

THANK GOD! I thought maybe the Germs had gone "girley man" on us and my BMW days were numbered. lmao.gif

Yes, they are real.

Part of BMWNA's "conquest" campaign.

Green tragets the Kawasaki rider, and older, mature, wealthy Brits that are drawn to racing green like moths to a flame.

The pink is targeting the female, and not so manly, HD riders.

Other colors that will be available include; orange sherbet, pearlescent pina colada, High Noon yellow, and Full Moon black.

We have a waiting list already for the pink ones.

I've got my eye on a black one, but the optional quatroplug head isn't available with that color.

wink.gif

Also, they're targeting this important segment of the motorcycing demographic:

865343-r1150rt-clown.jpg

So what colors would you guys like to see?

I think a dark metallic green might look cool. Mettalic black is always a good option. Possible a dark Red like on the GS.

I'm sure we'll just get the usual grey, black, beige and one color.

865343-r1150rt-clown.jpg

I thought the clown demographic preferred Briggs & Stratton powered mini-bikes with recoil starters. grin.gif

Great, have you seen the new Aerostich HiViz chartruse riding suit? How about a nice cordura lace tankbag to go with your new RT? Did you need one of our new BMW roundel doileys for your apple martini? Perhaps a new BMW T back?

Don't forget to order your Darien jacket a bit short in the back so we can see your T back and tattoo. lmao.gif

I'm sure those colors will be a hit though. I'll be sticking to pre 04's, thanks.

865343-r1150rt-clown.jpg

1280x800 Windows Wallpaper version, please.

On a sad note this rider and his bike got into a fatal accident on their way home from the photo shoot. The driver of the Ford Expedition that cut him off said (between phone calls) that she didn't see him.

865343-r1150rt-clown.jpg

1280x800 Windows Wallpaper version, please.

865343-r1150rt-clown.jpg

I tried to ask an innocent question regarding the 2008 models and I get this kind of crap. To make matters worse, my 5 year just saw this picture and said "Dad, oh yeah, you HAVE to get that bike". Obviously, I need to keep my daughter happy, but I now need to move out of the neighborhood. dopeslap.gif

This is still my favorite color for 2008. grin.gifthumbsup.gif865162-Spyr1200rt.jpg

Shawn

"That's what I'm talkin about!" Now that's sweet! thumbsup.gif

Take note of the forward up angle of the seat. clap.gif

Paul Mihalka
I tried to ask an innocent question regarding the 2008 models and I get this kind of crap. To make matters worse, my 5 year just saw this picture and said "Dad, oh yeah, you HAVE to get that bike". Obviously, I need to keep my daughter happy, but I now need to move out of the neighborhood. dopeslap.gif
I'm sorry you just got all this nonsense, but there is nothing else. Dealers - I work with one - and customers are a bit annoyed that there is ABSOLUTELY NO information out of BMW about changes for '08. We all have to patiently wait and see...
This is still my favorite color for 2008. grin.gifthumbsup.gif865162-Spyr1200rt.jpg

Shawn

Can you do the blue/white/black version like the old boxer cup bikes from a few years ago? Those were pretty cool looking.

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn

Can you do the blue/white/black version like the old boxer cup bikes from a few years ago? Those were pretty cool looking.

Actually, ChrisK's boy did the photoshop job on that one. Chris? Can you get him to do a blue and white version?

Shawn

Mettalic black is always a good option. Possible a dark Red like on the GS.

Those were two of the three '05-06 colors. Dark Graphite and Piedmont Red.

Hey, These colors existed before. Don'cha remember the /5's? There was a greene like that and a marvalous snot yellow that begged to be repainted.

What about jus black? Maybe with pin stripes?

wave.gif

That looks cool. I've thought about having my RT repainted a pearl metallic black. I imagine I could remove the painted parts myself, bring them to a paint shop and get it painted for under $1000.

Archived