IGNORED

Heated vest question

Deadboy

The wife and I both have heated vests that plug into the 2004 RT with the BMW style fitting...never been an issue and we are planning on taking them with us for an upcoming trip however I do not know if the newer 1200GS we are renting has the same style outlets as my RT....will they work as is or do I need a diffferent type of cord?

Thanks!!

MY '05 GS came from the factory with only one outlet instead of the RT's two. Also I believe it was limited to only 5 amps which might not be enough for both of your vests. Your rental place and your vest manufacturer probably have better answers to your question.

It is a BMW (Widder) vest....I would hope their own products work with their bikes....not that I would be sureprised to find out otherwise....

Thanks!!

Paul Mihalka

The R1200GS comes with one outlet, attached to the frame on the left side just under the passenger seat. It is limited to 5amp which may not be enough for two jackets. I would suggest to make up a BMW style socket with a fuse and direct attachment to the battery and ask the bike owner's permission to install it on the bike. Installation is easy, the battery is in the open under the seat.

The R1200GS comes with one outlet, attached to the frame on the left side just under the passenger seat. It is limited to 5amp which may not be enough for two jackets. I would suggest to make up a BMW style socket with a fuse and direct attachment to the battery and ask the bike owner's permission to install it on the bike. Installation is easy, the battery is in the open under the seat.

Yep. You need to add another outlet and wire it directly to the battery. It's handy to have one like that anyway.

Archived