IGNORED

Michelin Pilot Road 2

johnnash

Does anyone know when this tire will be on the market for sale.I tried Southwest Moto,they only show it with a picture & a discription of the tire composition.I understand it has some advantages over the current Pilot Road.I will say that I like my current PR on my R12RT better than the Metz Z6 for handling. thumbsup.gif

Unknown but have you read about the recall on some of them in Europe?

There is NO recall on the Pilot Road 2.

The recall is for Pilot Powers of one size from a specific factory.

Does anyone know when this tire will be on the market for sale.I tried Southwest Moto,they only show it with a picture & a discription of the tire composition.I understand it has some advantages over the current Pilot Road.

Below is the answer I got from SWMoto when I posed the same question.

"Michelin says maybe in september."

>

> blaine

The latest (Sept) issue of Rider magazie has a very favorable report about the new Michelin Pilot Road 2's. Especially the wet weather handling.

Have had these on the bike for 5 months and i am impressed with them. In both wet and dry conditions they are far superior to the Mez4 i had fitted previously. done approx 2000 miles and no signs of squaring off as with the metzelers. spent 2 very wet days in the Puy de Dome in France and only had one slippery moment on a downward slope with one of those very smooth areas of tar caused by a temporary road repair. The recall only effects tyres made in France , mine where manufactured in Spain.

John Bentall

In a recent German test the tyres were rated as follows

1st Michelin Pilot Road 2

2nd= Pirelli Diablo Strada & Metezeler Z6

3rd Bridgestone BT021

We've had them for about five months as well and I'm equally impressed, although it's hard to tell with only about 1500kms so far.

Russ

ps. We love the Jersey islands, great place to visit.

They do tend to be a bit noisy when you are leaning into corners , i thought my bearings on the front had started to fail but it just seems to be the sticky part of the tyre doing its job.They seem to growl especially at slower speeds.Thanks for the comments Russ , Paris is a great place to be spent some happy times in and around that great city.

They do tend to be a bit noisy when you are leaning into corners , i thought my bearings on the front had started to fail but it just seems to be the sticky part of the tyre doing its job.They seem to growl especially at slower speeds.
This sounds like the Dunlops I just replaced (no pun intended). I'm now running Metzlers which are much quieter - but I've been told tire noise gets worse as the tire wears.

Archived