IGNORED

Cee Bailey's Seat for RT?

Sailorlite

The OE "comfort" seat on my '04 RT is not too bad, but I think I'd like to take advantage of the ride-in custom fitting service of an experienced RT seat maker.

Rick Mayer's shop is reasonably close to me, but even closer is Cee Bailey's. Until very recently I didn't know Cee Bailey made seats, but evidently they've been doing lots of motor officer seats for various police depts. for about 5 years. And a high percentage of those are for RT's which get a lot of seat time.

Cee Bailey's web site and a phone call to them are quite convincing, but my question is: does anyone here have some experience with the Cee Bailey's seat?

What is uncomfortable about your seat? I modified the seat on my 04 RT and it took 2 hours, 2 lunches, $30, and it was done. More than likely you can do it yourself. It is actually quite easy to modify. All you have to do is remove the staples, peel back the cover and start removing foam. Where are you located in SoCal? Oh by the way, welcome to the board!!

i have a cbailey leather, heated seat on my 04. i tried a friends meyer, a sargent and a corbin before hand. i am mostly satisfied. it sits higher, so for me at least, it adds a challenge. also, though it is well shaped, their are 2 pressure points on the horn area that get me on the inner thiegh. i have tried tilting it to no avail. i suspect it may have to do with the wiring. i use an alaska sheepskin over it to good effect, but that makes it even taller. seats are very personal, so it might be fine for someone else. if you are able to ride in or test ride, that would be best.

good luck.

tom collins

"All you have to do is remove the staples, peel back the cover and start removing foam."

Keith - Thank you, but in my case, and wanting a decent outcome, that suggestion won't work. (I'm located in Cee L Beach).

I have a Bailey's that fits me great. I'd try them first. The suggestion to carve up your seat foam has worked successfully for many and some vendors have appeared at rally's doing this service. Some auto interior shops can do the same thing, you might call around or talk to local bike shops for a referral.

What is uncomfortable about your seat? I modified the seat on my 04 RT and it took 2 hours, 2 lunches, $30, and it was done. More than likely you can do it yourself. It is actually quite easy to modify. All you have to do is remove the staples, peel back the cover and start removing foam. Where are you located in SoCal? Oh by the way, welcome to the board!!

Keith, pics, process, plan, outcome?? I'm interested in your fix.

I sent my '04's seat to Cee Bailey a few months ago. I tried my best to communicate what I wanted. That was simply the most comfortable seat for an all day ride they could build. What I got was a seat that is way better than stock, better than the Corbin. The foam they use is comfy at first but I still had problems with my tailbone area after a few hours. The seat they built me is the perfect commuter seat, it looks similar to stock with no extra stitching so rain is not an issue. I am not using the seat now and will likely sell it. I bought a used Russell and I must say there is simply NO comparison in comfort for a long ride.

Goes to show us all that there is a butt for every seat! I had a Russell before my Bailey and the Bailey is far more comfortable than the Russell. Go figger!

Archived