IGNORED

Clutch lever loose

jojo

Hey...I recently noticed a vibration noise coming from the clutch lever which has become rather loose. The hex screw on the top is tighten and so are the other screws on the l/h handle unit.

I have no problem operating the clutch but the noise is annoying. Is there a screw inside the handle unit that could have become loose and that needs to be checked?

Hey...I recently noticed a vibration noise coming from the clutch lever which has become rather loose. The hex screw on the top is tighten and so are the other screws on the l/h handle unit.

I have no problem operating the clutch but the noise is annoying. Is there a screw inside the handle unit that could have become loose and that needs to be checked?

George, I had the same issue on my old 1100 (that was a cable clutch).. I just pulled the pivot screw & installed a thin wave washer between the lever & housing ears.. Don’t see any reason that won’t work on the 1150.. You probably don’t have the proper sized wave washer lying around so you could try your local auto parts store (a good REAL auto parts store not the yuppie designer one) or even make a tension washer from a thin piece of plastic like old credit card or Tupperware container lid.. Careful to not make it so tight the lever doesn’t return properly..

Twisty

thanks Twisty...by pivot screw do you mean the hex bolt that's just next to the adjuster on the handle?

George, the bolt that the lever pivots on.. When you pull the lever it rotates on a shouldered bolt (that bolt) ..

Twisty

Archived