IGNORED

2007 Pricing

iBMUR

Does anyone know if BMW will drop the price of the 2007 R1200RT in August? Or possibly offer a more competitive interest rate?

Thanks thumbsup.gif

I just bought an '07 RT. There weren't any manufacturer discounts, but I was able to get about 6% off the sticker. I probably could have done better shopping around a bit, but local dealer is friendly, responsive, and good to work with when the bike needs service.

I asked about the '08s and he said they don't have a date. It could be November or even December when they come in and price is going up about 6% (not a big surprise considering the weak dollar and strong Euro.)

While everyone wants to get the best possible deal, at some point I had to ask myself whether $500 is going to hold me back from getting what I want. If it is, maybe I shouldn't be looking at new BMWs at all and instead get some other bike for $3K less.

Paul Mihalka
I just bought an '07 RT. There weren't any manufacturer discounts, but I was able to get about 6% off the sticker. I probably could have done better shopping around a bit, but local dealer is friendly, responsive, and good to work with when the bike needs service.

I asked about the '08s and he said they don't have a date. It could be November or even December when they come in and price is going up about 6% (not a big surprise considering the weak dollar and strong Euro.)

While everyone wants to get the best possible deal, at some point I had to ask myself whether $500 is going to hold me back from getting what I want. If it is, maybe I shouldn't be looking at new BMWs at all and instead get some other bike for $3K less.

Thank you Mike. What people tend to ignore is that a $500 discount on a R1200RT is less than 3% of the purchase price but about 25% of the profit margin when the bike is sold at MSRP. Yes, I sell the bikes at a BMW dealer wink.gif

Archived