IGNORED

center stand stop

schumacher62

schumacher62

having replaced the stock exhaust on my r1100s with a remus system, i lost the stop which keeps the retracted center stand from smacking into the rear stabilizer-thing under the drive shaft. i hear it chatter some when i go over serious bumps, and i wonder if anyone knows of a replacement part to keep the stand from hitting that metal. i am currently using a small floor pad, self sticking, the kind that goes on the foot of a chair to protect the floor, but it keeps slipping and falling off. is there an aftermarket stop, which might fit somewhere else a bit more permanently? thanks all.

having replaced the stock exhaust on my r1100s with a remus system, i lost the stop which keeps the retracted center stand from smacking into the rear stabilizer-thing under the drive shaft. i hear it chatter some when i go over serious bumps, and i wonder if anyone knows of a replacement part to keep the stand from hitting that metal. i am currently using a small floor pad, self sticking, the kind that goes on the foot of a chair to protect the floor, but it keeps slipping and falling off. is there an aftermarket stop, which might fit somewhere else a bit more permanently? thanks all.

PF, sure, plenty of aftermarket rubber bumpers available,.. Some with stock like tits & others with threaded studs in varying lengths..

Just visit your local auto parts store & tell them what you are looking for.. A lot of cars & trucks use similar for over slam bumpers on seats, doors, park brake levers, trunk lids, etc..

I’ll bet even your local BMW dealer would have something that would work..

Twisty

Archived