IGNORED

Donut, Officer?

Roadwolf

Saw this on BMW's R1200RTP page on their USA site... Am I the only one here that thinks the sign in the background is funny or what? Photographer must have been grinning when he shot this.

Apologies for advancing a (undeserved) stereotype, but thought I'd share nonetheless.

392185793_908785-Donut-Officer-.jpg.584078b26267b836bc4a4bff4fc6007b.jpg

What's most amazing is there had to be at least a half-dozen grin.gif people look at that shot in the review/approval process. It's hard to believe no one thought it was inappropriate or suggestive. wave.gif

And speaking of word play and numbers (half-dozen), that was the 437th post for each of us. tongue.gif

Uncropped - as it appears on the BMW Police Web site

Mod edit: Image linked so Mike and Greg will stop pouting, er . . . I mean in consideration of the rest of us! wink.gif

Hi Greg! School starting up soon? wave.gif

The one thing I'm curious about is, where are his gloves?

Well, aside from the sticky glove joke, gloves and motor officers typically don't mix. No matter how supple they are the gloves always interfere with the weapon and can get you killed. After 28 years I have never found a pair that was truly "second skin" no matter what the claim was. Some wear them but come off immediately upon stopping a car etc....

BTW I love the donut thing. As a kind of challenge I began locating Dunkin Donuts and photographing me in the foreground....regardless of state or country. I recently found 3 in Mexico City and have them documented as well thumbsup.gif

I can not compete against 28 years of LEOing. I am hitting my 20th. When I first got on motors, I was not allowed to wear gloves either. The reason was it looked to aggressive to public. I finally was able to start wearing cut offs and now since we have ticket printers, not needing a pin, I have gone to full fingers. I use a Olympic which is very thin. I shoot with them, use the laser and everything else. Hope this is not a hijack.

Looks like the Motors dudes in Ringwood, NJ are pretty stoked . . . unless the photo shoot team was just passing through. They've got the uniform, too. cool.gif

Dave, it's no challenge finding Dunkin' Donuts back east, while they were all drying up out here in the west, they were sprouting like weeds back east. On our trip to SAMSAR's Spring Tech Daze we took back roads whenever we could and I swear every little burgh with a stopsign on the main drag had at least one Dunkin' Donuts! eek.gif

And stand by to keep your camera handy out here as well--I heard recently that they're opening up a few thousand more out here in the west again. It had something to do with their alleged "famous" coffee, but we'll see how that holds up as they get near the Best Coast where folks actually know what coffee is supposed to taste like! lmao.gif

One good thing about that large photo is that it shows how incredibly spotless the officer's bike and uniform are.

There's no way he could have visited the donut shop - he must have spent the last few hours polishing his bike and boots, and getting everything looking crisp for the photo-shoot.

Could we please not post 4064px wide images inline? Some of us poor folk only have 2000px monitors. Thanks.
Geez, Michael--you STILL on dial-up?? lmao.gif

Geez, Michael--you STILL on dial-up??

I guess that's funny.

The point's pretty valid. It's rude to post such wide images. If it can be embedded, it can be linked to, and there's no reason to force everyone to scroll left-to-right for the remainder of the thread for an image that could have been presented in a friendlier way.

I guess that's funny.

The point's pretty valid. It's rude to post such wide images. If it can be embedded, it can be linked to, and there's no reason to force everyone to scroll left-to-right for the remainder of the thread for an image that could have been presented in a friendlier way.

Point made. dopeslap.gif

When I start downloading 3.5MB pics, it sure feels that way. Thanks for accomodating my sensitive nature.

Hey John,

What agency is the guy on the photo from? You notice the holster for his firearm? One that accepts the sidearm with a rail mounted light on it. We got a couple of guys testing those out here since we went to DAK SIG 40s from DA/SA Sig 40s.

The presence of a donut shop saved me a lot of trouble when I had my first motorcycle accident. Typical car vs. bike - a drunk turned left in front of me at a light...hit and run. I almost missed hitting him, but caught the right rear fender. I jumped up and was standing in the intersection yelling at someone to go get him, when a set of blue lights went flying past. There was a cop sitting in the parking lot adjacent to the intersection - eating donuts. He caught the guy about a half mile away.

Donuts have been my friends ever since.

I guess that's funny.

Ohh please RUDE, you got to be kidding.

Hey John,

What agency is the guy on the photo from? You notice the holster for his firearm? One that accepts the sidearm with a rail mounted light on it. We got a couple of guys testing those out here since we went to DAK SIG 40s from DA/SA Sig 40s.

Its been my experience that agency uniforms, insignia and logos cannot be used for commercial purposes. This is especially true if the image is used for political purposes.

The uniform has an east coast look to it but my guess it is a model intentionally dressed in a hard to tell what LEO agency uniform.

No that's a real officer and department up in northern NJ. I met him at the summer kickoff of the 101 days of Summer here in southern NJ. I joked around with him about the photo's. grin.gif

He and his partner were nice guys, seemed very traffic oriented.

Joe Frickin' Friday

+1.

Joe Frickin' Friday

You're repeating yourself. crazy.gif

So you don't mind scrolling endlessly back and forth to read all the text in a thread that follows after someone posts a too-wide pic?

Nope not at all.

What I do mind is getting up in the morning to go to work.

The winters in North East Ohio.

Our short ridding season.

The stock market taking a dive

The price of gas.

The price of a new R1200RT.

Only have 10 days of vacation, and now all are gone.

A 5 day work week and a 2 day weekend.

People driving cars while talking on the cell phone.

That dumb bush that Donna Reed was hidding behind in It's a Wonderfull Life.

Going to the fridge to find out there is no more BEER!!!

Scrolling is a very small task.

lurker.gif

+1.

There's nothing to see here - move along.

Thanks to the mods for the fix. thumbsup.gif

Hey John,

Which picture??? My attachment or the one with donut motor cop??

When I was a motor, I always wore gloves, even wrote tix while wearing them.

Well, I have been known to be a little clumsy in my day! crazy.gif

What agency is the guy on the photo from?
Boy you guys don't read too closely (maybe it was all that pesky scrolling!! lmao.gif )

Looks like the Motors dudes in Ringwood, NJ are pretty stoked . . . unless the photo shoot team was just passing through.

And, I bet KC won't do THAT again . . . we sure learned him good in our typically kind and helpful way. tongue.gif

Oh, and Arn, Greg never kids. smirk.gif

And, I bet KC won't do THAT again . . . we sure learned him good in our typically kind and helpful way. tongue.gif

I didn't do it. Nobody saw me. You can't blame anything on me! wave.gif

George Brown

About 10 years ago, I was presented an award for doing an illegal U-turn in Hightstown, NJ. As I completed the U-turn, I saw a LEO exiting a side driveway from a "Dunkin' Donuts" about 50 feet in front of me. DUH! dopeslap.gif I tried to be cool and kept my eyes to the front as I drove by him but he pulled out behind me a promptly lit me up.

Archived