Anyone know anything about this bike?

OoPEZoO

One of my coworkers stopped by my office and showed me a grainy picture he took a Yamaha street bike while in Italy last summer. He wanted to know what it was. I couldn't identify it by looking through all of the international Yamaha websites. The only thing I could find was that it is supposed to be a big thumper and this picture from the Tokyo Motor Show. That is a pretty wicked suspension setup on the rear. Can anyone fill me in?

dsc00163.JPG

One of my coworkers stopped by my office and showed me a grainy picture he took a Yamaha street bike while in Italy last summer. He wanted to know what it was. I couldn't identify it by looking through all of the international Yamaha websites. The only thing I could find was that it is supposed to be a big thumper and this picture from the Tokyo Motor Show. That is a pretty wicked suspension setup on the rear. Can anyone fill me in?

dsc00163.JPG

Yamaha MT03

static01.jpg

web page

but why not just go buy a Versys?

97e71c68-f649-4015-b7d2-af1da26b197d.jpg

Thanks.....I miust have missed that on the website. I didn't say I wanted one, I was just curious to know what it was.

How could you not want one? wink.gif Jodie has the 650R and it's a hoot to ride, little more suspension and more upright. even more hoot. thumbsup.gif

I haven't ridden the MT-03, don't think it's available here, but I rode the MT-01 and was very disappointed. Very cool looking bike, but very poor execution by Yamaha.

We are finaly getting the Versys down here in the states for '08. I might go test ride one just for the hell of it once they get into showrooms. I wish there were more selections (in the USA) like that for midsized, affordable, capable, and fun bikes.

We are finaly getting the Versys down here in the states for '08. I might go test ride one just for the hell of it once they get into showrooms. I wish there were more selections (in the USA) like that for midsized, affordable, capable, and fun bikes.

Yep. We just bought the DRs for back roads exploring and man those bikes are fun to ride. I love railing corners on Jodie's DR200. You can't accelerate out of corners, it only has 14hp, so you just carry your speed into the corner, lay it over and hang on. Momentum is your friend. thumbsup.gif

Archived