IGNORED

The Conversion of the Willing

hopz

OK, now you've gone and done it. I was perfectly happy with the Harley Road Glide, then with all the influence of this board...I came to enjoy a R1100R Roadster, then the astounding power and smoothness of the K1200RS....

Sold the Glide last Friday.

Tuesday I completed the transformation with the purchase of a '05 R1200RT- less than 6k miles, Silver, not a scratch on her, still in warranty, two top cases and liners for all the cases, GPS etc. Sweet!

Pictures to follow soon.

Life is Good. clap.gif

Bob,

Wow ! Never thought I'd see it..You're gonna love your new bike..You're gonna miss your old bike...

Life is indeed very good.. thumbsup.gif

Welcome again, Bob. I remember some of your early posts. You asked about Torrey and would a guy on a Harley be welcome. I was one of the many who answered and suggested you just show up and have fun riding with us. Didn't matter on what, although the way we ride is probably best enjoyed on a sport-touring bike.

We talked about how good the new Harleys are at what they're designed to do. And how good the new sport touring bikes are at their intended functions. Basically, it comes down to the rider and how he wants to enjoy his motorcycling. Slow and easy. Or with a substantially sharper edge. Neither is better than the other. But there are certainly bikes that are better at each.

Here you are, some 300 posts later, and you seem to have discovered some things about yourself and how you enjoy your riding. You've sold a motorcycle that was good at the way you rode, and have purchased motorcycles that are good at the way you ride.

Life's a journey. Ride it with a smile.

Congrats man. Jan mentioned you got it. At least I got to see the k12 bumblebee before you graduated to an r12. smile.gif

You'll love it I'm sure. I probably won't get to see it before Torrey, but I'll look forward to seeing it then.

You have now been fully assimilated.

Now go about the countryside and proclaim your independence or, whatever...

Congrats, you'll love the bike.

Continue wearing your harley tshirts, etc. on the BMW it causes some of the faithful some cognitive displeasure as they try to both bash and welcome you at the same time! lmao.gif

Well, I DO have a lot of Harley shirts. My son suggested I find some BMW guy who is switching to Harley, then we could swap shirts....but so far I have not been able to find one. lmao.gif

Well, I DO have a lot of Harley shirts. My son suggested I find some BMW guy who is switching to Harley, then we could swap shirts....but so far I have not been able to find one. lmao.gif

You can always use the HD shirts to polish your BMW. grin.gif

wrestleantares

I won a HD hat (very nice ball cap) when we went to the HD dealership to look at a Ulysses. I love the cap and keep it in my Beemer bag. BMW makes just as nice a hat, but this one was free! A BMW hat would cost me money.

It is the only MC logoed item I have had in 20+ years of riding.

russell_bynum
Continue wearing your harley tshirts, etc. on the BMW it causes some of the faithful some cognitive displeasure as they try to both bash and welcome you at the same time! lmao.gif

thumbsup.gif

It's interesting to see the shifts that riders in this group make. You see various factors at work, or sometimes, no factors visible at all - what I call the "Just because" syndrome - it's what led me to my R1100RT in the first place.

Some riders discover they've been on the wrong bike (that was me after while with my BMW, good as it was in the abstract); others grow out of either the existing bike, or the kind of riding they do.

So far, I haven't noticed anyone here buying a BMW just to be with the in-crowd (which is sort of pitiful), but I know it exists other places and with other marques. And still others get hooked on a marque because they like the people who ride that kind of bike (long-riders, in the case of BMWs) - which is nothing like the in-crowd syndrome.

I won't get started on the image thing, but it is the sole factor that makes me uncomfortable on my new Road Glide - I am not one of them. My '84 FXRT doesn't suffer from that problem, so I'm always comfortable, image-wise, on it, but it developed the inevitable shortcomings of age, with which I am becoming all too familiar.

I gotta go looking . . . for something. So Sherrie and I will leave in the morning for Denver, via TORREY! Just us, and the Geezer-Glide.

Pilgrim

Lone_RT_rider
Enjoy that Road Sofa! I've always wanted one of those, but find myself really happy on the Deluxe...

Matt, if you have never seen Pilgrim ride that "Road Sofa" you are missing out on a treat. That man can wheel that thing. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

There are a great many on this board that would be hard pressed to keep up with him. eek.gif

Shawn

I'd like to see that!

I love the look of the road glide. I was just reading an article in the Sturgis rally guide about a woman setting a speed record (I'm not sure what class) on a road glide. They called it WFB or world's fastest bagger. Something like 143MPH on the salt.

Archived