IGNORED

froggs toggs or similar

sevenup

I need lightweight waterproofs for wife and me for touring and am interested in Froggs Toggs. I am visiting New York City in a couple of weeks and was hoping to try them but there doesn't appear to be a seller in the city. Anyone know different?

Any comments about this stuff and are there any similar waterproofs that can be recommended. Attracted to the Froggs Toggs as much because of the lightness and the need to squeeze everything for two in to panniers, top box and tank bag. Already have lightweight clothing-North Face, Columbia, Rohan.

thanks for the link. It is fairly straightforward to buy on line. what i am hoping for is to see them in the flesh in new york city. I am there for a week and will only have Shank's Pony or NY transit to get about.

Yes, I tried that but none of them seem to be in New York City unless I am missing something. I thought the guys here would know

1+

Bought a set at Americade, then got in a deluge on the way across NY.. about 5 inches of running water on the road.. nicknamed my bike das-boot at that point. No leakage. Not a drop. Wore over leathers.. no extra heat, breathed ok.

they don't pack up really small though.. about the same size as a litre water bottle.

'they don't pack up really small though.. about the same size as a litre water bottle.'

thats about 1 third of my existing kit. then I have my wife's. they don't seem to sell in the UK and I am persuaded that they would be good to buy but I would have liked to try them on first and my only opportunity is 1-8 sep in new york city.

Yes, I tried that but none of them seem to be in New York City unless I am missing something. I thought the guys here would know

Is Queen close enough??? If so go back and look at this one

Parkwood Outfitters, Inc. 4105 Sunrise Hwy Bohemia NY 11716 1-631-563-1323

Yankee Dog

Be careful about sizing issues. Just sold mine a week or two ago.

Got size small so the jacket wouldn't flap around and the pants ended up being too short. With feet up on the pegs, they rode up over my boots which resulted in very wet feet. frown.gif

Just my $0.02 worth.

I have been in search of good rain gear and after checking every board I could think of (here, ADV, MOA, Rounders) I got about 70-80% of the posts saying the F.G.'s fall apart. Not when they are old, but within the first season. (many within the first tour) So I just ordered a 2 pc from Tour Master...hope THEY hold up! confused.gif

I got about 70-80% of the posts saying the F.G.'s fall apart. Not when they are old, but within the first season.

They are cheap and with a light-> mod rain keep you dry, but mine are starting to fall apart; a seam on the left shoulder has pulled out, a snap on the jacket has fallen out. And they billow like crazy--maybe that's a sizing issue, but I was afraid to go smaller.

The pants are still ok, but the jacket probably has 3-4 more serious wearings before I need a new one. They are less than a year old and I've worn the jacket 4-5 times. I think they're made for fishing.

John

I have been in search of good rain gear and after checking every board I could think of (here, ADV, MOA, Rounders) I got about 70-80% of the posts saying the F.G.'s fall apart. Not when they are old, but within the first season. (many within the first tour) So I just ordered a 2 pc from Tour Master...hope THEY hold up!

Have had mine for 4 years and they are like new. Living in the PNW I can state that they are used frequently! My wife also has a set that are 4 years old. confused.gif

Just completed about 100 mile ride back to Spokane, raining from Hartline to Mead. My Frogg Troggs kept me dry and are still in the original two pieces. wave.gif

Very soon (next few weeks) Frogg Toggs are coming out with motorcycle gear in light grey with reflective strips for visibility. I expect that would be a good combination to stay cool and breathable.

Archived