IGNORED

Another one gone

Bob Palin

Craig Hightower from the SF Bay Area was killed yesterday in a collision with an SUV. He was a great guy, I used to go to Bay Area Tuesday dinners with him many many years ago, sometimes at his house. I hadn't seen him for a long time but I know he will be missed.

3339777-friend.jpg

I'm sorry to hear this, Bob. It always pulls at my heart to think of all of the implications of someone's death. We all have such intrcate webs of influence and connections. Blessings and peace to his family and friends.

That is just Terrible news!! My Condolences to his family and everyone who knew him.

This has been a very very bad year for Motorcyle Deaths. Up here in my area,(Amador; Calaveras; Alpine, and Tuolumne Countys) I believe there have been more motorcyle deaths that I can ever remember in one year, and it is only august.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Bob,

So sorry to hear about your friend.

I know there is value in all of the exposure I get here to bike accidents resulting in death. It might just help me avoid that cage with my number on it. Nevertheless, as careful and skilled as I try to be, I don't think many days go by where I can't say to myself, I should have done that better, or different, or, "I need to work on that skill." Bottom line, as sad as these stories are, they do drive a higher level of vigilence that helps to keep us all out of trouble. You just never know. My twin 19 year olds are attending the 3 day MSF BRC this weekend with MC's soon to follow I'm sure. All this makes you worry a bit too.

Rich

Bob,

So sorry you've lost a friend and the pain and anguish for all those close to him.

As others have said, I do appreciate your posting this because these postings really bring me back to the realities we must deal with especially when riding ... and further motivate me to gain in skills and judgment.

Horrible.....God bless the family for such a loss. I am sooooo tired of hearing news like this. Let us hope this will be the last and final one.

He looks like a carefree and fun loving guy. I am so sorry that he is gone. Please pass my condolences on the his friends and family.

I sit here each day remembering all those we have lost and just shake my head. You never know when your time is up. I feel so blessed having survived two collisions in the past year.

Enjoy each day and spread the love.

Sorry to hear of your friend, Bob. We have had a few people close to us either have bad accidents or get killed in the past year or so, and that is hard enough. I will keep you and his family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope when the numbness goes away, all can manage. Easier said than done.

vERY vERY sorry to hear this news, Killer...

I will pray for his family and friends and for the repose of his soul.

May he rest in peace.

Blessings on you :

Bob,

Always a huge loss when a friend dies. frown.gif

As a rider I almost take it personally when the death is a result of a motorcycle collision.

Just today our paper had a story of a motorcyclist dying on the very rural forest road that makes up a major part of my ride to work.

He was the only other rider, and one of about 10 vehicles that use this 34 mile long road in the morning during my commute.

Sorry for your loss.

Archived