IGNORED

Wiring

Motorcop4125

Motorcop4125

So I'm wiring in a set of the LED brake/running light kits that I ordered online. Everything matches per the instructions with regard to piggyback connectors, wire colors, locations, etc. Then I'm instructed to run a gray power supply from the flasher assembly to the "unused aux. plug" under the passenger seat. I found the aux. plug but it did not have the red and green wire as mentioned in the instructions, only a solid red. I tapped into that and determined the red wire to be an unswitched power supply resulting in the LED lights being on even when the motorcycle is shut down. The only alternative I can see is to put a small switch in the gray power line and turn the LED system on and off when the motor is used. Does anyone know of a switched power supply under the seat - and maybe the color? Thanks. Oh - R1200RT 2005

Do they stay on after the 60 second delay (or whatever it is) that the AUX socket stays active after the bike is shut down?

John, when I installed my Hyper Lites and needed a switched hot wire I tapped the one that goes to the rear light. I simply ran the line into the red housing. The same bulb is the brake light and the tail light. Just make sure you tap into the correct spade connector of the two and voila. I bought some double spade connectors from Radio Shack. It's a nice clean installation.

Motorcop4125

The aux. socket stays powered even after the other electronics shut down. I may go with Tony's suggestion to keep the whole thing simple.

Thanks.

Archived