IGNORED

Moto Guzzi Norge

klondike

Has any one tried or own the new Norge? The bike looks interesting. I have a 05 1200RT,and even thou it has given me 36000 great miles I am in the market for something

different.

Has any one tried or own the new Norge? The bike looks interesting. I have a 05 1200RT,and even thou it has given me 36000 great miles I am in the market for something

different.

Cliff, I test rode one last spring.. For me it was a big disappointment.. Very clunky transmission,, noisy engine,, needed to take hands of the handlebars to operate power windshield,, engine was very difficult to modulate & the throttle gain/loss at slow speeds was difficult to control.. Probably the biggest disappointment was the high speed frame twist (or at least it felt like it anyhow).. I did a couple of 100 mph fairly high G imaginary road obstacle avoidances & the bike felt uncoupled & willowy with very poor self aligning afterwards (felt like an older Harley dresser with the soft rubber rear control arm mounting) ..

On the plus side it is one nice looking bike,, the brakes felt good,, the seat was firm but not too terribly uncomfortable,, it balanced pretty good at slow speeds,, price wasn’t too bad..

Twisty

I sat on the Norge at the show and it felt very much like my 04 RT- very top heavy. I believe you would be sorely disappointed in this bike compared to your 05 RT. I have put 20K miles on my RT in 18 months and it just gets better and better. If I was to try something different I think it would be the FJR1300 or the K1200GT. I sat on the new Concours 14 and it felt OK but the Yamaha fit me better in terms of height. You have one helluva bike there. Maybe the grass is not so green. Think about it.

Just have a sighting of a beautiful red one! Second hand report from the owner was that the new 1200 motor pulled noticeably better than a 1100 Breva mill. That's good as that motor is not in the same class with the R1200RT motor. I have ridden a 1100 Breva and in the twisties handled really well steering better than my ST. See attachment.

908880-MotoGuzziNorge1200Sm2.jpg.56e1f644db151cd4c219410a75e74157.jpg

Archived