IGNORED

UnRally VI - Written Route Directions are up!

Berkley

http://www.unrally.com

We've got the written directions up in Excel format.

Bobbybob has done an excellent job making sure that they're accurate and free of extraneous GPS details.

We'll have copies of these available at registration.

* the GS route is still in progress. It will probably be available tomorrow *

We've posted the GS route, and the revised 262 and 292 routes.

clap.gif

I just tried downloading them, and the revised routes download as html files rather than xls files. confused.gif

We've posted the GS route, and the revised 262 and 292 routes.

clap.gif

I just tried downloading them, and the revised routes download as html files rather than xls files. confused.gif

Bill, are you saving it to your computer or trying to open the file directly from your browser window? I just tried both ways and they both opened as Excel--but if you're opening from browser, that may be the problem. Which browser do you use--IE, Foxfire, etc? I can e-mail them to you if you want.

daveinatlanta

RIGHT click on the file you want to download then SAVE LINK AS....

RIGHT click on the file you want to download then SAVE LINK AS....

That's exactly what I did. Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac. No, wait, Sylva's on a Mac, too. Maybe it's Camino. At any rate, Bob emailed them to me, so it's not a problem for _me_.

Hmm, I just tried downloading them again and all is right with the world. Nevermind.

On Un Route 292, in the written instructions, should line 6 say, "(not I-64!) instead of "(not I-60")?

Ken--you're right--thats a typo. We'll fix it.

On Un Route 292, in the written instructions, should line 6 say, "(not I-64!) instead of "(not I-60")?

Ken--you're right--thats a typo. We'll fix it.

done!

We found a couple of glitches that need to be mentioned,I'm sure you folks would have figured it out anyway.

Rt 292

Step 6, Rt 20 connects with Rt44 just before I-77.stay on 44 until you get to I-77

Rt 262

Step 4 should read turn north on Rt 41 not Rt42

George Brown

Another glitch on Route 262:

Lines 17, 18 and 19 should be US 19 not US 219.

Note: I did the ride through gorge, described in line 19, a couple of years ago and it is neat!

Note: I did the ride through gorge, described in line 19, a couple of years ago and it is neat!

Thanks for catching that George, another typo. Sylva, can you fix?

Sorry folks, should have checked this out prior to making any edits - the ORIGINAL IS CORRECT, as I'm sure you would have figured out in time. IT IS US 219, NOT US 19.

See Mark's Google Routes at www.unrally.com with any questions.

Sorry folks, should have checked this out prior to making any edits - the ORIGINAL IS CORRECT, as I'm sure you would have figured out in time. IT IS US 219, NOT US 19.

See Mark's Google Routes at www.unrally.com with any questions.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sylva, I double checked the routing and MY original is incorrect--US19 goes thru Fayetteville, not US219.

Here is how it should read starting with line 16:

16 Continue on 219 to downtown Lewisburg where you hang a right onto US 60 west

17 Continue on US 60 west ALL the way back to US 19.

18 Turn left (south) on US 19 to Fayetteville.

19 After turning onto 19, if you'd like to take the long route down through the gorge instead of across "the Bridge", go approx. 5 miles and turn left on Lansing Road; go 4/10 mile and make first right. Take left fork and continue down into the gorge and up the other side to Fayetteville. Neat trip!

-------------------------------

Sylva, I double checked the routing and MY original is incorrect--US19 goes thru Fayetteville, not US219.

Here is how it should read starting with line 16:

16 Continue on 219 to downtown Lewisburg where you hang a right onto US 60 west

17 Continue on US 60 west ALL the way back to US 19.

18 Turn left (south) on US 19 to Fayetteville.

19 After turning onto 19, if you'd like to take the long route down through the gorge instead of across "the Bridge", go approx. 5 miles and turn left on Lansing Road; go 4/10 mile and make first right. Take left fork and continue down into the gorge and up the other side to Fayetteville. Neat trip!

I fixed that too! smile.gif

In case there are any non-GPSers out there, I'm bringing ~25 Official Highway Maps of WV...courtesy of the WVDOT. They'll be at the lobby desk of the Quality Inn.

In case there are any non-GPSers out there, I'm bringing ~25 Official Highway Maps of WV...courtesy of the WVDOT. They'll be at the lobby desk of the Quality Inn

Thanks, but I'm not staying at the Quality Inn. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

I'll be bringing 100 copies of the four routes as provided on the UnRally website. We'll have those at the registration table. See you all there!!!

In case there are any non-GPSers out there, I'm bringing ~25 Official Highway Maps of WV...courtesy of the WVDOT. They'll be at the lobby desk of the Quality Inn

Thanks, but I'm not staying at the Quality Inn. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

I'll be bringing 100 copies of the four routes as provided on the UnRally website. We'll have those at the registration table. See you all there!!!

I don't *think* that you have to be staying at the Quality Inn in order to walk into their lobby. wink.gif

I don't *think* that you have to be staying at the Quality Inn in order to walk into their lobby.

Yeah, but I heard some really low sorts will be hanging out there this week. Not sure it will be the kind of place I'd want to drop by . . . thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

See you there!

Archived