IGNORED

Ying -n- Yang

Mike O

On the way home from work tonight, spotted these two riding together. From watching their discussions at traffic lights, I'm inclined to believe they either knew each other or were just exchanging friendly pleasentries.

What struck me was the stark contrast between the bikes and riders. Dual Sport Suzuki and custom 'old school' chopper complete with ape hangers. ATGATT and yes, those are white socks stretched over the left pants leg so as to insure the pants didn't get caught in the open primary.

Ying -n- Yang

184017636-O.jpg

But they were both smilin'

Mike O

white socks stretched over the left pants leg so as to insure the pants didn't get caught in the open primary

Now there's a guy who's serious about what he wears on a bike!

Makes me think of the experience I had this Sunday. There are three couples that Hubby and I chat with every once in a while at the local watering hole. They have invited us countless times to join them on their weekly Sunday ride. We had the morning free so we figured why not, let's see how the other half lives. I hate to be stereotypical, as I am NOT a HD basher at all, but they do fit the stereotype. (all ride HDs, no helmets, packed a small cooler with water and beer on the back) And I had been warned by a mutal friend that they were the bar to bar type, so I wasn't expecting many miles. But they said that we were riding out to Lone Cabbage which is a fish camp about 80ish miles away (by the scenic route) So I figured, knowing what I know we might have to stop once, but surely that would be it. dopeslap.gif

We all gassed up after breakfast in town and headed out. And stopped in Yeehaw Junction (yes, that's the name) for potty breaks and nicotine fixes. TWENTY MILES AWAY!!! Finally get back on the bikes and proceed north on 441 and stop AGAIN in Kenansville, you guessed it just 20 miles from Yeehaw. Hung out there forever while the women (they don't ride their own) had a beer and more ciggies. And FINALLY got back on the road and you guessed it stopped for another half hour (at least) just another 20 miles down the road at 441 and 192 at yet another gas station. Finally left there and stopped in the blazing sun ANOTHER 20 miles down the road at a spillway on Deer Park. (not a pretty one) At that point, I would have thought we would have been at our destination, had a snack and been home and WE WEREN'T EVEN THERE YET!!!!! Ugh. Hubby and I needed to head back and get our son, so we thanked them for inviting us and politely took our leave.

Ride from hell, you ask? Do I think they are a bunch of posers now? No and no. Is that the way I prefer to spend my motorcycling time, of course not. But I did have some fun chats with them and I really respected the fact that they were very inquisitive and respectful towards Hubby and I's BMWs. To each his own, and if that is the brand of motorcycling they enjoy, more power to them. It is their money that they all work hard for and their time. Judge not lest ye be judged. We may not ride together ever again, but we can have a good time at The Shack together and if I was ever broke down on the side of the road I know they would be one of the first to come to my aid.

End ramble...just thought I'd share another coming together of two cultures. grin.gif

To bad we can't see it the guy with ape hangers has a cigerette. Say a guy almost like him the other day except his left pant leg was rolled up and he was smoking. Antique plates and headlight was not on. He was wearing a skull cap as you have to wear something in VA that resembles a helmet.

Archived