IGNORED

Garmin c550 vs zumo550

3par

I've been reading alot about the zumo 550 and really am interested in the features. I compared it to the c550 and it seems to be very similar. other than being waterproof is there a significant difference in the two? if someone can point out why I should go with my gut and get the Zumo...

I don't plan on riding in the rain (it happens) so is it necessary? the c550 is about half the cost.

thanks confused.gif

I've been reading alot about the zumo 550 and really am interested in the features. I compared it to the c550 and it seems to be very similar. other than being waterproof is there a significant difference in the two? if someone can point out why I should go with my gut and get the Zumo...

I don't plan on riding in the rain (it happens) so is it necessary? the c550 is about half the cost.

thanks confused.gif

3par, first the Zumo comes with a specific motorcycle mounting cradle + an automobile mounting cradle.. The C 550 will take extra money & parts to mount on a motorcycle,, The Zumo motorcycle mount is also set up to not drain a small motorcycle battery if left connected (unlike the c 550 car mount).. The Zumo is more water proof (still not completely water tight but will take vehicle washing & normal rain exposure).

The Zumo cradle allows ear phones or ear buds to be used so you can hear it while riding (it you want to use the TTS function on a motorcycle then the Zumo is the way to go) ..

I have been using the Zumo 550 from it’s fist introduction & so far have been pretty happy with it..

You have another option & that is the Zumo 450 as that is motorcycle specific, water proof, comes with the motorcycle mount but no car mount, will talk to you as far as turns coming up but won’t announce street names to turn on.. I have seen those for about $200.00 less than the Zumo 550..

Unless you are really tight on money I don’t think you will that you will be all that happy with the C 550 for motorcycle usage..

Or look into one of the older models of Garmin motorcycle GPS units.. There are some real good deals on the older units & some of those are motorcycle specific..

Twisty

Twisty,

Thanks for your thoughts on the choice. It means alot coming from someone who has had a Zumo since its inception. I am leaning to get the Zumo and will probaly order soon. thanks again.

Archived