IGNORED

Howdy....

RRainman

I wanted to take a minute and introduce my self. My name is Craig and I have been riding motorcycles for about 20 years. However, I just got my first BMW. I picked up an '06 R1200RT from my best friend. It has all the bells and whistles except for the ehated seat, TPS and alarm. It had less the 4,000 miles. I am rally enjoying it so for. I've only had it a week.

I also have a Yamaha R1 and an RC51. The RC is track-only. I live for twisty roads!! This past weekend I too the R12RT to the Cherohala Skyway to see how it performed. I was pleasantly surprised at how well that BMW suspension works. The motor pulls well, even considering I am used to about 160 hp at the rear wheel on a bike that weighs 400 lbs.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the mountains!

181166479-S.jpg

I wanted to take a minute and introduce my self. My name is Craig and I have been riding motorcycles for about 20 years. However, I just got my first BMW. I picked up an '06 R1200RT from my best friend. It has all the bells and whistles except for the ehated seat, TPS and alarm. It had less the 4,000 miles. I am rally enjoying it so for. I've only had it a week.

I also have a Yamaha R1 and an RC51. The RC is track-only. I live for twisty roads!! This past weekend I too the R12RT to the Cherohala Skyway to see how it performed. I was pleasantly surprised at how well that BMW suspension works. The motor pulls well, even considering I am used to about 160 hp at the rear wheel on a bike that weighs 400 lbs.

181166479-S.jpg

Welcome Craig, great folks and stuff here. You've only just begun your BMW journey. Glad your "rally" enjoying your bike. Rally's will soon be on your agenda. thumbsup.gif

The 1200 is quite the departure from your other two bikes.

You're in for a treat... both with the bike and your visits here. Welcome to the group.

Hello Craig and welcome to the board. That's a fine looking machine you have there and waaaaaaay different from what you usually ride. It will be a whole new experience for you on the RT and I predict you will enjoy the change. Try to get over to the left coast sometime for the best riding in the country.

Welcome Craig! Nice looking bike, I haven't seen many 12RTs in Black, that looks sharp!. Once you do your first 800 mile day you'll be hooked

thumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas

Hi Craig. If you want to meet in the mountains it better be the Alps in my case ! smirk.gif

Welcome to the BMW fun !

Francois

Craig,

Welcome. This is a wonderful site. Oh, as for the mountains, we have a few hills around here. Say when...

Mike O

Welcome Craig,

I too have an 06 1200 RT and live in Western North Carolina. I just moved here from Utah and welcome rides with people exploring the roads in the region. Next time you're up this way, give me a shout.

Bruce

Lone_RT_rider
Hmmmm! I thought they got rid of the (e)hated seats with the R1200 lmao.gif

Welcome to the asylum mate thumbsup.gif

I knew someone would play the English professor from this site, it never fails. At least this time it was a true Englishman. eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Oh... and welcome to the board! That's a fine R1200RT you have! There is a large contingent here from the ATL area. Chris Kinney (ChrisK) is one of the ring leaders of that bunch. He's good people, send him a message and have him drag you out for a ride sometime. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

Hmmmm! I thought they got rid of the (e)hated seats with the R1200 lmao.gif

Welcome to the asylum mate thumbsup.gif

tOOK tHE words right outta my mouth, Philby..! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifgrin.gif

I did my first 800 mile day the day I bought it. I rode it home from Houston, TX to ATL. Again..the saddle is the one thing I must change. The Corbin is on the way.

And as far as the mountains are concerned, I just came back from a trip to CO on my R1 about a month ago. Here are a couple of pics....

176135080-S.jpg

176136286-M.jpg

176131158-M.jpg

176135672-M.jpg176131837-M.jpg176136023-M.jpg

Archived