IGNORED

week 2

SteveSardone

SteveSardone

I picked up my wife in Colorado Springs and we drove to Westcliffe, CO. Spent the night in a B&B whose owners were from FT. Worth and he had just acquired a 2007 goldwing-we had lots to talk about.

IMG_1868.jpg

Next day we pushed on to Aspen for a couple nights of relaxing and being tourists. Crossed over Independence Pass on the way and rode the last five miles of switchbacks and severe dropoffs in the pouring rain. My wife did not enjoy that part.

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

She obviously got over it. We then drove down the other side 6 miles in fresh tar and gravel-I didn't like that.

IMG_1787.jpg

Had a relaxing time in Aspen and then headed back to Westcliffe for another night in the B&B.

IMG_1761.jpg

then on to Colorado Springs and the airport.

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

When my wife left I then headed to Ely, MN to go on a 7 day canoe trip with friends from home. I took my time and took 2 1/2 days to get to Ely. The trip was uneventful except I couldn't paddle on my right side due to my shoulder injury. the fishing was good and the scenery is beautiful in Canada in the Boundary waters/Quetico Park. August 2 at 7:15 AM and I'm finally on my way home. First day I ride to Wichita KS 870 miles-my longest ride yet. I rode for about 12 1/2 hours. August 3 and I'm home by 1:30 PM. 29 days and I'm glad to be home. The RT worked flawlessly and my new Zumo was a great asset to have on the trip.

Nice report and pics. Looks like you had quite a variety and experiences. Hope the shoulder is all healed or at least well on it's way.

n

Francois_Dumas

Great report Steve, thanks for the piccies ! Where is that aircraft parked in the last photo ?? Colorado Springs airport? Is it a B-29?

SteveSardone

It is parked outside the Colorado Springs airport. It is actually a restaurant now. The plane is complete and the left wing and outer engine are inside the restaurant and the interior has booths for eating. The cockpit is open for viewing. I don't remember what its designation is but it is a tanker. there were pictures of that plane doing aerial refueling.

Archived