IGNORED

Can you identify this part number

kcscout

Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Do you know because you used it before or were you able to cross reference it against the Bosch?

I searched for the better part of an hour last night and couldn't find a cross reference. dopeslap.gif

I can't remember where I got the list below, prolly from someone here, but the following belts supposedly are the equivalent of the BMW one. I have the Dayco on my '96 RT now.

4 04 024 5 Goodyear Gatorback Poly-V Belt

5 04 024 0 Dayco Poly Cog Belt

K 04 023 3 CarQuest Poly-V Belt

NBH25 04 023 3 NAPA Alternator

CONTI-V MULTIRIB 4PK605 Contitech

George

I searched for the better part of an hour last night and couldn't find a cross reference.

But didn't think to look in the sticky thread at the top of this forum entitled "archive for R-bike maintenance part data?" confused.gif

I searched for the better part of an hour last night and couldn't find a cross reference.

But didn't think to look in the sticky thread at the top of this forum entitled "archive for R-bike maintenance part data?" confused.gif

Curious enough... that's what started my search. When I took that list in to our local auto parts stores (plural) - they said they had no idea what those numbers meant.

On that list, the Dayco belt is listed as 12.31-1 342 059.

We (the auto parts stores sales people and I) couldn't quite make the connection from those numbers to "Dayco Poly Cog Belt 5040240".

tongue.gif

By the way, here's what's on the list that was emailed to me:

Alternator belt:

4K611 (4 v’s of PK profile, total length 611 mm)

Continental 12.31-1 341 779

Dayco 12.31-1 342 059

Other brand 12.31-1 342 087

First models every 24kkmi (Pirelli) 12.31-1 341 563.3

700 W Bosch alternator 12.31-2 306 020

I was able to cross match the 5040240 number at the Dayco Web site - I think I'm good to go. Thanks George for your help. thumbsup.gif

I would have thought that knowing the profile and length 4K611 (4 v’s of PK profile, total length 611 mm) would have been enough for any autoparts store to cross it to Dayco 5040240.

Looking at the list in the above thread, it does appear to have BMW style numbers listed for all the alternative belts. I'll PM Jim VonBaden to update the list with at least the correct Dayco number.

Archived