Torque specs on clutch slave cylinder?

PETDOC

Does anyone have the torque specs on the 2 hollow union bolts which attach the hydraulic lines to the clutch slave cylinder? Neither the BMW nor Clymer mannuals list a spec for these bolts.

I just finished this tedious job myself. My throwout bearing failed causing the slave to fail (at 19k).

I didn't use a torque spec. Just installed new crush washers top and bottom on each of the unions and tightened snugly with an allen wrench. I think this is one of these "you'll know" situations.

I installed the clutch bleed side first, then wiggled the slave in and twisted to install the line coming from the master. Then twisted for final insertion.

Seems to be working fine now with no leaks.

On page 21.9 of BMW manual under topic "Removing and Installing clutch hydraulic line" I find:

Clutch line to slave cylinder...... 9 Nm

Stan

On page 21.9 of BMW manual under topic "Removing and Installing clutch hydraulic line" I find:

Clutch line to slave cylinder...... 9 Nm

Stan

Stan,

I went out to my garage and pulled my BMW 1150 GS manual out. I then turned to page 21.9 and like yours, which I presume is for an RT, they list the torque specs, but nowhwere is any mention of the clutch line to slave cylinder torque. Maybe they figured GS owners are intuitive.

I have now written it in. Thanks again.

Archived