IGNORED

A Different Question About Seats (Passenger Seat) R1200RT

JMR

Checking around for references, experiences, recommendations, on aftermarket seats for R1200RT regarding the passenger's comfort, likes, or dislikes. Currently have a Corbin that does fine for me, but the wife's seat keeps sliding her forward which annoys us both. Considering a Russell; would like to hear from somebody's experience before spending the bucks. Thanks in advance for any input from the two-uppers out there.

I have used Russel seats on many of my BMW's over the years. They may not be the best looking seat around, but they definitely are one of the most comfortable. Their Flat sprung design would lead me to belive that your sliding problems would be over with a Russel. I have never had any complaints from my wife about their seats.

I replaced the stock seat on my RT with a Russell dual saddle. My wife was in pain on the stock seat within 30 to 40 minutes, but is very comfortable on the Russell. One of her complaints was that she was continually sliding forward on the stock seat. That doesn't happen on the Russell. I was in pain on the stock seat within a couple of hours, but I can ride all day on the Russell.

Thanks for the feedbacks!

We have a set of Alaskan sheepskin covers that have rode great for a several years on a ST100 and the Corbin on it. Tried the sheepskins on the 12RT Corbin and that made for alot of sliding, not nearly as bad to slide without the sheepskins...but there goes the comfort they added.

Everything keeps pointing to Ru$$ell.

Archived