IGNORED

F650 Windshields

Gpatrick

Has anybody tried this windshield on their F650GS yet?

19820051380.jpg

We are using the tall BMW Windshield but it doesn't have enough protection.

19819215980.jpg

This is the Wife's new bike. She is off the back of mine.

She has been riding with me since the 70's. clap.gif

Love the new forum! thumbsup.gif

I've been really happy with this one on my '06 - tall for no hand guards. I'm 5'9" and can see over it with no problem, and there is no buffeting up to 80-85!

You should go look over at F650.com. There are a lot of windshield evaluations there.

One detail I noticed that you may not be away of; the windshield you posted a picture of only fits on model year 2000-2003 bikes. Notice the 3 mounting holes.

Your newer F650GS has 4 mounting holes, so this shield would not fit on your bike.

To answer your question, yes I have tried that windshield on my F650GS. It was fine for low speed riding, but I was not happy with it for freeway stuff.

I have one in my garage I should sell on eBay one of these days. Let me know if you are interested in it.

I finally found the perfect windshield for my needs in the Zteknic (sp?) brand shield. It is a little taller and blocks the wind very well. I am 5'9" tall for your info.

I just installed a Cee Bailey 19" windscreen on my 2003 F650 GS and find that it diverts the wind very well for my riding style

baggerchris

My riding partner has your windshield and after riding on Pepper he says that my Cee Bailey is much, much improved. I like it although I do wear foam ear plugs to take away 99 % of the wind noise that was driving me crazy. We just got back from a 600 mile trip to the eastern Sierras over 5 days, and both his 03 and my 06 did everything from slow dirt to high speed Hwy 395 wonderfully!

• 2 months later...

My wife is commuting on her 07 650 gs and we are researching a screen. Ztechnic does not make one for 05 up. They say they are planning to offer a Vstorm style for the next riding season, maybe March. So we are looking at a Cee Bailey, but it is tough to know which size- 18", 20" or 22". She is 5'10 and sits up straight. Anyone have experience with the tall size? How to choose?

I'm on my 4th screen. I bought and sold 2 Cee Baileys without losing money from other riders. Check out the Chain Gang for FAQ's about windshields. I'm keeping the Wunderlich. I got the short with handguards , I'm 5'7". The one for bikes without handguards looks better.

Thanks for the feedback, Richard_d . I ordered the Wunderlich from BMW SantaCruz and they immediately recommended the tall screen for us. My partner is 5'10" and I am 6'. The parts guy said their experience is that people 5"10 would have preferred the tall screen, even though the Wunderlich blurb recommends the short screen up to 6'. It'll be here next week.

• 3 weeks later...

any experience with this yet?

I tried a Dakar with low Wunderlich and it was great. Did not order one yet for the GS but now you got me wondering. Tall or normal?

h

any experience with this yet?

I tried a Dakar with low Wunderlich and it was great. Did not order one yet for the GS but now you got me wondering. Tall or normal?

h

If your looking for calm air, but are worried about looking through it, get the tall ... I'm 5'10" and easily look over the top of it. If you don't already have handguards, get the one designed for no handguards because its slightly wider ...

my f650gs with Wunderlich screen

193987100-L.jpg

The screen works very, very well ... there is a calm pocket of air all the way up to 80mph.

edited to include picture

The tall wunderlich on the 07 GS works great! I am 5'11" and look over the top by about three inches, so I look over the top unless going up a steep grade. I can open the visor at 50 with no problem. Wind comes around the sides and hits at the armpits, since this is a hand guards narrow model. It works great for winter and the 34 degree fog we get around here. I am wondering if the shorter screen would still put the air at the top of the helmet as this one does.

I am 5' 6" and bought the 20" Cee Bailey, it was a little tall for me, and I believe it would work great for your wife. If she is interested, contact Wally at BMW Orlando at 407.826.00.15, he is selling it. It is a four screw windscreen for a 2007, but Wally is very knowledgeable and answer any questions you might have.

I got aCee Bailey don't know the height but it is clearly not very protective. Or it may that I am comparing to my 1200RT and that is why I am too spoiled.

Good enough for now and will explore other ones later.

Have the handguards which limit the offering s alittle.

h

Archived