IGNORED

Mirror Extensions

Bonkorama

Ditto. I might ask my buddy who has a machine shop and is the original tinkerer, about making something.

I put a convex mirror bubble on both left and right on mine, and they work great, but id like to use *more* of the flat mirror for instant feedback. The bubbles take a millisecond to refocus to deep perception and then back again. I've gotten good at using them, but extensions are in order. Maybe they will make them a wee bit longer on later models. tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered those extensions. I had a BMW CAGE blast by me over 110 mph (welcome to the Los Angeles Affluent crowd) 2 days ago on the freeway near my office. He was in my blind spot behind me, coming up fast, then blasted past me on my left.

I had put my left blinker on, lifted my left arm to see what was back behind me and VROOM!. The vacuum grabbed me like crazy as the guy sped around me and zig zagged through a bunch of vehicles and then ran up on the last car on the exit ramp so much that the car lurched forward as he thought he was gonna be plowed into.

* nice *

I gave up road rage about 7 years ago by choice. But this one almost knocked me off the wagon. I thought 4 flat tires might teach him a lesson for being an ***hole on the road, endangering all of us. But in the end, i kept my *tire-deflator* in my pocket and just went home.

I got 2nd day air on those extentions. Gonna put them on at the office when they get delivered.

sheesh.

Having just finished a 100 mile spin in metro rush hour traffic, bit of slab and a bunch of twisty country backroads on my wife's new ST (had to make certain it's safe for her grin.gif), I'd say the right mirror is fine. The left one is obscured for the first 20% or so, but I got a decent view of the road behind me. It was just usual seeing so much of my left arm in the mirror. In the ST's case, I think only the left mirror needs a little tweaking to make it perfect, but stock it's okay in my humble opinion. I would imagine the F800S is completely different given the lower and more forward bars. wave.gif

I really liked the ST when I sat on one 2 months ago. So much so I'd consider replacing my RT with one. And I have to admit, I've only put 300 miles on my RT since I got my F800S! thumbsup.gif

I simply adore this Bike. grin.gif

My mirror extensions are coming on thursday. Ill take some before and after pics.

My mirror extensions are coming on thursday. Ill take some before and after pics.

I ordered a set today. While I can see side to side well with the stock mirror position, I had an occasion this evening riding home that highlighted the mirror's major deficiency. We had severe storms in the area and one of the smalltowns nearby got absolutely hammered and while riding down the main street I heard an emergency vehicle, but did not see it. I checked and rechecked my mirrors: nothing. Turns out it was directly behind me. eek.gif

thumbsup.gif thorax for haply me spell better!

lmao.gif

you da best!

I did get my mirror extensions and installed them-

--very happy-- now!

Archived