IGNORED

Moto GP- Sachsenring, Germany is on Sunday July 15, 1:00-2:00 p.m., ET on CBS

JerryMather

russell_bynum

Man, Nicky had a crappy day. First a lowside, then big electrical problems, then his motor explodes on the front straight (Randy Mamola found parts of a valve amongst the trackside debris.)

Not good.

Checa got the new RCV chassis. Melandri got some engine and exhaust parts. That seems bizarre to me that Honda would give Checa the new Chassis when Melandri is the rider who's shown the most promise over the years and would probably benefit the most. crazy.gif

Stoner's on fire again.

This could be another really interesting race. cool.gif

This could be another really interesting race.

Not likely...it's on CBS tongue.gif

BTW, does anyone know for sure who is broadcasting the Laguna race? Our tivo shows that Fox has it. Is Speed actually not going to broadcast the biggest moto event of the year? eek.gif

Paul Mihalka

To me the most amazing is that the first three are .013 seconds - 13 thousands of a second! - apart, and the first seven .231 seconds apart.

Oh, NO........... Look who's on the pole!

However, I don't think anyone has won a race this season starting from pole position in GP, so it should still be interesting! tongue.gif That being said, however, Stoner has pretty much dominated all the practice times, so... smirk.gif

Thanks for the heads-up. thumbsup.gif When did CBS start covering MotoGP racing?
Hi,

Just this year.

They probably thought Nicky was going to have a better year than he is having and wanted to reap the benefits if he repeated as champ(or at least was in the running)

JR356

JerryMather
Thanks for the heads-up. thumbsup.gif When did CBS start covering MotoGP racing?
Hi,

Just this year.

They probably thought Nicky was going to have a better year than he is having and wanted to reap the benefits if he repeated as champ(or at least was in the running)

JR356

I'm sure that was a part of it but Dorna has really wanted to find a way to be in the American market and Speed alone wasn't making that happen.

So last year, CBS broadcasted the Laguna Seca race to test the waters and they put together a package this year to allow CBS to cover three races in Europe leading up to the one and only American GP race at Laguna Seca next weekend.

I have no doubt, that they will be covering both the Laguna Seca and the Indy races next year. Weather they cover any of the other races throughout the season is most likely still up in the air.

James Clark
Hi,

Just this year.

JR356

I'm sure that was a part of it but Dorna has really wanted to find a way to be in the American market and Speed alone wasn't making that happen.

So last year, CBS broadcasted the Laguna Seca race to test the waters and they put together a package this year to allow CBS to cover three races in Europe leading up to the one and only American GP race at Laguna Seca next weekend.

I have no doubt, that they will be covering both the Laguna Seca and the Indy races next year. Weather they cover any of the other races throughout the season is most likely still up in the air.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=29592

So last year, CBS broadcasted the Laguna Seca race to test the waters

Actually, ABC broadcast the Laguna race last year (in addition to Speed; Speed had it live, ABC had it a week later).

This is the first year CBS has had the races. They are doing three European races, but as far as I know, they do not have the Laguna race (at least not this year).

If my Tivo is correct (and something in my memory says Soup announced this too way back when), Fox is broadcasting the Laguna race this year.

JerryMather

I stand corrected, thanks. thumbsup.gif

The bottom line is that Dorna wants into the American market in a big way and I for one welcome them and their efforts to expose Moto GP to the masses over here any way they can. clap.gif

russell_bynum
I stand corrected, thanks. thumbsup.gif

Bottom line is that Dorna wants into the American market in a big way and I for one welcome them and their efforts to expose Moto GP to the masses over here. clap.gif

I agree, but if I weren't already watching Motorcycle racing and I happened upon the CBS coverage, I wouldn't watch. They do a crappy job and they turn riventing races into all-out snoozefests.

Schwantz was a fantastic racer, but he sucks as a commentator, and he's light-years ahead of that other buffoon...who seems like he's never watched a race before. We're having amazing racing with lead changes and lots of exciting stuff going on, and they're either sitting there SILENT, or droning on about some stupid crap from their "Talk about this stuff when nothing is going on." list.

For that matter, it pisses me off that Speed's crew that announces the AMA races does the announcing at Laguna. I don't really care for how they do the AMA races, but they really suck at the GP races.

My guess is that this is because they're not used to commentating those races. They don't know the history of what's gone on all season, and they haven't watched it enough to tell at a glance if which bike they're looking at.

So they spend all year talking about the AMA races, then one weekend a year they're supposed to be experts at the MotoGP scene.

Anyway...that's my bitchfest for the day. I agree that getting more exposure is good, I just wish they'd do a better job of it.

JerryMather

.....and I wish they'd hire the guy that does the WSB races for Speed! That would be some "crackin" good coverage. lmao.gif

I stand corrected, thanks

I guess it doesn't really matter...they are both pretty dull broadcasts. frown.gif

Almost makes you long for Brian Drebber! eek.gifgrin.gif

I am amazed Speed isn't covering Laguna this year...or am I wrong about that? I guess we'll see what Fox can do! smirk.gif

.....and I wish they'd hire the guy that does the WSB races for Speed! That would be some "crackin" good coverage. lmao.gif

He really does add excitement to the races.

I am amazed Speed isn't covering Laguna this year...or am I wrong about that? I guess we'll see what Fox can do!

Ugh. Fox has a Giants lead-in here, which may well go long. Fabulous.

JerryMather

I am amazed Speed isn't covering Laguna this year...or am I wrong about that? I guess we'll see what Fox can do!

Ugh. Fox has a Giants lead-in here, which may well go long. Fabulous.

The track is right down the street from ya and tickets are still available. wave.gif

Archived