IGNORED

Too much weight on the rear???

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Actually, I have no idea how much I can load on my 1150RT. I have 2 (heavy) sidecases, the top case with my notebook and some other stuff, Nina, and two duffel bags with rain gear, shoes and other clothes tied atop the side cases.

Will my front wheel lift off ??? eek.gif

I will do a dry-run tomorrow to find out, before we commit to the Autobahn !

What's the biggest load YOU have carried on a journey on an RT ? ooo.gif

You really should reset your shock to compensate for the load.

On a stock shock it's a somewhat rough ride but bottoming out is greatly reduced.

I often times lift the front wheel with lori on the back and she's a tiny girl!

Of course you probably don't ride like I do.

I think my heaviest load with rider, passenger and totally full bags with heavy stuff totaled

500 pounds or 226 kilograms

I couldn't find the specific specs but load capacity on the beemers is 350-400 lbs. Add up your lardy self and your svelt wifey and the kitchen sink in the tank bag and you got what you have too much of. I always found I pulled one unexpected wheely or two fully loaded 2-up until I got used to the load. Makes cornering strange too. But I always got my best milage 2-up because I way more cautious with the throttle and brakes in difference to my wife passenger.

As far as Auto Bahn, On US highways I was limited to top speeds as measured by the wifes' comfort zone. I'd defer high speed runs to solo use. The saddle bags caution not over 80mph loaded. wave.gif

You're fine!

688.jpg

I am glad that I'm not the only one this occured to. But Mama Hoon is so go'in have your hide.

Guys, you're mean.

I'm just happy for her. I'm glad she had a friend who had a bike that she could ride on and have the enjoyment of riding on a bike. I'll bet she had a ball.

Les is more

The lady in the picture is a friend and co-worker of Eff's. I've had the pleasure of speaking to her on the phone and she is absolutely delightful. Effervescent has posted this photo before and, in fact, brought extras to the Northeast techdaze. Jeana is a great sport and one of the most upbeat people I've ever spoken with. Her attitude is awesome. She takes pride in her wide and would likely consider it all y'all's loss if you were to dismiss her because her size. Rock on Jeana and I wish I could join you in NY for that sushi and hot sake, Baby!!

Oh, and Francois, you'll be fine. lmao.giflmao.gif

Francois_Dumas

Heh. Just have to remember to wait for Nina to climb on before I open the throttle. I already rode off once without her.... being so focused on the road ahead of me and all that lmao.giflmao.gifcrazy.gif

JerryMather
What's the biggest load YOU have carried on a journey on an RT ? ooo.gif

I always put a weight limit of 120LBS for anyone thinking about riding on the back of any of my bikes. I some times wave this requirement if they have blonde hair and large chest protectors but that'll only get them a grace or 5 more pounds. grin.gif

Francois_Dumas

Hmmmm... Nina is less than 120 lbs. But her luggage (and my electronics) add considerably to the total grin.gifgrin.gif

wrestleantares
The lady in the picture is a friend and co-worker of Eff's. I've had the pleasure of speaking to her on the phone and she is absolutely delightful. Effervescent has posted this photo before and, in fact, brought extras to the Northeast techdaze. Jeana is a great sport and one of the most upbeat people I've ever spoken with. Her attitude is awesome. She takes pride in her wide and would likely consider it all y'all's loss if you were to dismiss her because her size. Rock on Jeana and I wish I could join you in NY for that sushi and hot sake, Baby!!

Oh, and Francois, you'll be fine. lmao.giflmao.gif

You're right. I cannot believe how thoughtless I was in a minute of thinking I was being humorous. She is a human being like all of us and I readily admit my thoughtlessness in making such a crude comment.

I ask those whose friend she is to except my sincere apology on her behalf.

I guess we all become thoughtless at times. I know I was raked over the coals for thinking something Gleno said was inappropriate. He posted an accident photo and posted he had dibs on salvage. His comment in the pursuit of comedy, was, I thought rather tasteless. Just as my comment is here.

But, I wonder, would anyone even said anything if it had just been a random internet photo and I made the inappropriate comment?

Just as I wonder, if I posted a picture of Gleno's wreck and made the comment: Dib's on salvage - what type of response I would have gotten.

It would have been hurtful because it is someone we know. I guess the point is you made me realize - it is not about who we know, it's about the fact that we are all here together and I should treat everyone - whether I know them or not with a bit of respect.

Archived