IGNORED

Who has done excellent work on your bike (other than you)?

Theophilus

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has a happy story to tell about having work done on their bike. We are pretty adept at pointing out bad service. Who has done excellent or consistently good work on your bike? (Please let at least one poster be from the north Houston area smile.gif )

gregpopovich

A few months ago when I took my bike in for the 600 mile service, the the service tech dude came out and asked me how to take off the tank bag -- which, BTW, was the factory BMW bag I bought with the bike. That sure made me feel real confident.

Ron Schmidt up in SLC, UT.

Might be the best technician I have ever encountered.

Motorcycle R&R has been excellent for me, too.

Funny story first time I set foot in there I had only spoken to Jeff on the phone about doing TBS and valves on my bike, then keeping it dry for me for a few days while I finished moving here and I had found them via word of mouth.

When I got to the shop I was talking to Ron about what I needed not knowing he was such an accomplished tech. I added a task - an autoswitch to replace the failing push button switch I had installed for my aux lights. I walked Ron through where the relay was and how it was wired, etc. He never so much as rolled his eyes despite the fact that this must have been pretty funny to him - me trying to show him something so elementary. Of course his work was impeccable. It wasn't until some time later I found out he was THE BMW tech at which point I felt really stupid for showing him where the wiring was -- like explaining to a cardiac surgeon how to take a blood pressure reading or something.

Everybody at R&R has been really impressively good every time I've been in there. I was having Autocom woes and they were swamped on a Tuesday AM. Jeff gave me an active plus to plug in out in the parking lot to verify the problem was not in the brain of the intercom. As I left Ron asked me if that solution was acceptable and apologized for being unable to devote more attention to me. Of course their solution to being so swamped that morning was exactly what they needed to do for me and beyond what most shops would have done in my experience. I really can't say enough nice things about those guys.

Jeff Trimmer, Master Tech @ Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ. I gave him a wiring project and was pleased with the orderliness of the layout and the cleanliness of the final product of his efforts. I told him, "I couldn't have done it better myself." A rare compliment in the world of motorcycle service.

-MKL

I brought a bike to SD, purchased in KC, and had BAK in Sioux City, IA service the bike, although I did most of the work myself. I then bought one of my current bikes in Lake Crystal, MN, Judson, and moved it to SD. BAK did some service on that bike. BAK was very good, Dirk was the tech at the time. Don't know if BAK is still there or if Dirk is still there but I trusted him. FWIW. In my current location, I do as much of the work myself as I feel capable of handling. Interpret that however you think appropriate about my local dealer. crazy.gif

I can't give a response from North Housten, but certainly from Dorset UK. CW Motorcycles have been giving years of reliable top rate service. They bend over backwards to fit in with the customers schedule. They also organise ride outs and holidays at which both the owners of the shop and the staff come along on. Of course there are times when we don't always get what we want - but they are a commercial venture not a charity.

So 3 cheers for Dave, Wally and all their staff at CW's ....Hip Hip hooray

Andy

I don't know how good this guy is yet but so far talking to him on the phone was great.

http://www.rennsportmotorrad.com/contact.html

I tried to talk to a few BMW dealers about my service and things I want done on my police bike, and they all said make an appointment. I call rennsport motorrad and talked to Tom a BMW master mech. and we talked for a half hour from one end of the bike to the other end. he has built police bikes before. and told me things to do to save money. every thing from tires to moto lights we talked about.

I will be giving him my business, he puts customer service as number #1

I saw Jamie (KMG365?) work some serious wizardry on a few bikes at the NE Tech Daze. Right, Woodie?

This man knows his beemers. thumbsup.gif

I don't know how good this guy is yet but so far talking to him on the phone was great.

http://www.rennsportmotorrad.com/contact.html

I tried to talk to a few BMW dealers about my service and things I want done on my police bike, and they all said make an appointment. I call rennsport motorrad and talked to Tom a BMW master mech. and we talked for a half hour from one end of the bike to the other end. he has built police bikes before. and told me things to do to save money. every thing from tires to moto lights we talked about.

I will be giving him my business, he puts customer service as number #1

After speaking with Sota Friday I sent Tom at Rennsport an email. Saturday I recieved an email from him to give him a call at the shop. We spoke for quite sometime. Tom is a certified master BMW mechanic. He has all the tools of the trade and has logged over 1,000,000 (documented) miles on BMW's.

I can tell over the phone he's a straight shooter. In fact I'll be heading over ther next week just to meet Tom and check out his shop.

I like the fact that he was real interested in Nubb. Lot's of questions about service. How the bike rides. Tires, my riding style etc.. He's got my business.

Oh, and I'll bet alot of you know who Joe Katz is. Joe sends all his BMW friends to Tom at Rennsport Mottorad.

Check it out: www.rennsportmotorrad.com

No affiliation, just someone looking for good old BMW service. I think it will be great to see Tom blow the doors of some of these dealers. Leave em in the dust wondering why they don't have any business. Or wondering where their mechanics are working now. You go Tom!!! clap.gif

ISYHTRAH

Capital BMW in Raleigh, NC. Jon Ross (in charge of the shop) has always been very helpful to me and Scott (one of the techs) has been great with my bikes.

Tipover_Bob
Capital BMW in Raleigh, NC. Jon Ross (in charge of the shop) has always been very helpful to me and Scott (one of the techs) has been great with my bikes.

Andy:

Jon is great. He helped me greatly with my K75C.

Tipover Bob

For Vancouver Islanders: Mike Fisher of Sidney Motorcycle.

He works on any bikes but used to specialize in vintage British Bikes and Royal Enfields out of a dealership in town. He scaled down the operation about three years ago so he could run it by himself out of the three-bay garage in his home.

He works be appointment only, which means your bike will never be bumped by the dealers friends or drop-ins. He can avoid the stress of dealing with walk-in traffic and thus has plenty of time to discuss repairs with his clients. Most repairs or servicing is done same-day.

I usually wait about a week to get an appointment. His typical customers these days are touring bike owners, like big Goldwings and Beemers. For major work he really appreciates winter appointments, just to keep the cash flow steady.

His a class act and first-class mechanic. He's got a lot of experience with RTs but has worked on my Ks as well.

Northern Illinois IS a bit out of the way from Texas, but for the midwest, Jim at Rose Farm Classics in Woodstock, Illinois is the BEST! He restores old BMW's, Moto Guzzi, and Ducati; sells new Moto Guzzi, and as far as working on my 2000 RT, he is like a surgeon. Actually knid of a hippie-throw-back-surgeon! Bottom line, he knows his SH&T! To top it off, he has a great attitude about riding and owning...no snobbery at all. 815-337-6686

Archived