IGNORED

R1100Rt "New" Transmission

Dave58

Just had a dealer install what they said was a "new" tramsmission on mt 97 RT1100. The price of the tranny was $2400. When I saw the invoice it said remanufactured. When I questioned them about it they said that the tranny comes from BMW and that it is newly remanufactured, that BMW does not make new transmissions for these bikes anymore and that is what they mean by "new" transmission. Sounds like Orwellian double speak to me!

Are they pulling mt chain or what?

When I questioned them about it they said that the tranny comes from BMW and that it is newly remanufactured, that BMW does not make new transmissions for these bikes anymore
Hi Dave,

I believe that is a truthful statement and I don't think that there was any intention to pull anything on you, although yes they probably should have been more careful and used the term 'remanufactured' instead of 'new' when describing the transmission.

Dave,

They are telling you the truth, no new transmissions for the 1100s. I had mine fail on my 2000 RTP bncry.gif and the first few times the dealer talked to me about replacing it he used the term "new" also. But when I told him to go ahead with the job he called me the next day to inform me that the "new" transmission was actually going to be a newly remanufactured "by BMW" transmission. The warrenty is the same as a new one. clap.gif So don't worry about it.

Archived