IGNORED

Helmet Security Cable Part #?

s3steve

I was the Sportbike Rally in Parry Sound, Ontario on the weekend and found it to be a bit of a hassle carrying around my helmet all weekend.

Does anybody know what the part # is for the helmet security cable? Cost?

Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure you can find a steel cable at the local hardware store or DIY store for a fraction of the cost. I did.

I made myself one out of vinyl coated aircraft cable and fittings from the hardware store for about $5.

I'm not sure the specific cable you are referring to needing a part# for, but I just made a cable with a loop at each end - works great on a bike helmet lock, or with a pad lock, or with my longer cable bike lock looped through it.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

So go to Home Depot and buy 3-feet of plastic covered 1/8" cable. Then buy a package labled: 1/8" Ferrule and Stop Set. That gives you material to swage the cable ends to make a loop. Assemble in a couple of minutes and it works great.

Why not use helmet cable under the seat. Use a longer one so you can also run it throught the arm of your jacket.

Mr BMW part 46 63 2 347 287 - It doesn't look the most resistant, but would stop that 'impulse theft' smile.gif Fits to the pegs under the seat

Archived