IGNORED

The Fastest on the Track........me!!!!...LOL

Whip

When I was in Torrey playin in the dirt I realized I needed some help. Killer was having too much fun watching me struggle and going for his camera every time I wobbled. So when I got back the first thing I did was make contact with an expert to help me. While doing my research I was even more surprised to find that San Antonio had a great training facility about an hour from my house.

http://www.cycleranchmx.com/

...and even better instructor.

http://www.5mmxs.com/calender.asp

...with a long history of working with all kinds of riders.

http://www.mxsafety38.org/news/0029.html

So I made my contact...talked on the phone a couple times and soon we had an appointment.

Cycle Ranch Tuesday July 10th.....10am.

He told me the track would be open to anyone that wanted to pay the $20. He wasn't sure what kinda shape it would be in because of all the rain, but we would make do.

We started with some drills in the sand, mud and grass. I told him of my plans to ride to Alaska, we discussed my weak points(I only had five hours so I had to cut it short). After about 2 hours of drills we took a break, it was about 95 degrees with about 90% humidity. We talked in the shade while drinkin water and Gatorade. Then it was time for the track. I didn't have knobbies, and I prolly still had 8 gallons of gas in the tank.

We discussed track condition by numbers from 1 to 10. (10 being perfect). He decided that being without knobbies, over 500lb bike, wet ground and mud in the low spots. I was prolly lookin at a traction # of 2. 1 being an ice rink.

PERFECT!!!!!

Me...I'm not afraid of nuttin....cept "fast women and the poe--leece"

My proud instructor.....why is he smilin????????....and where's his bike and gear...hmmmmmm????

171887284-L.jpg

Was I scared....no not me!!!!!!

171887303-L.jpg

171887274-L.jpg

171887300-L.jpg

171887297-L.jpg

Okay maybe a little nervous.....just a little.....I remember everything he told me.

171887291-L.jpg

Now I'm scared!!!!!.....that's a long way down.....and is that quicksand at the bottom??????

171887270-L.jpg

now the part ya'll are waiting for

./.

I didn't fall ......there are no more pix.............I was the fastest on the track all day.....

.....................no one else was on the track

I think I could've gone faster running on it.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I learned a lot.....had a lot of fun.....and I feel much better about riding off road now.....

BTW.......stop telling people not to use the front brake in the dirt it's BS.....it's the secret to getting the front tire to bite and turn......

Whip

Larry,

If you went around that track on that bike with those tires and didn't fall I'd say you just went to the Expert class.

Good Job thumbsup.gif

Larry,

If you went around that track on that bike with those tires and didn't fall I'd say you just went to the Expert class.

Good Job thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't say that......are you suppose to stop on the top of each hill and scream like a little girl on the way down....while listening to Bad Company in your Ipod......

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

Francois_Dumas

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif Coooooooooooooooooooool !

I'll come visit you one day and you can show me that track..... looks like fun ! Especially with your comments running with it !! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Larry,

Good Job thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't say that......are you suppose to stop on the top of each hill and scream like a little girl on the way down....while listening to Bad Company in your Ipod......

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

I haven't heard that but I bet it would make for a great picture. Still looks like a great track. Wonder if I can get a set of knobies for the RT. lmao.gif

What, No TKC 80's?

You need some gravel in there and some really wet areas if you want to be ready for the roads in Alaska!

thumbsup.gif Nice report! thumbsup.gif

Dude I would have flown out and rented a bike had I known you were doing that! Might have even let you keep the 1st place trophy. Might be worth a ride out on the GS just for that.

Tom

Lets_Play_Two

All I see is pictures of someone sitting at the top of a hill. Isn't it a rule that it didn't happen if there are no pictures?? clap.gif

BorisTheSpider

Man, you should have ridden your XR650R for that kind of stuff. Knobbies! How'd that whale stop in the mud with those Anakees? grin.gif

150/70B-18 TKC-80 rear works ok on that wide stock rim. Handy to have a set like that ready for an easy swap over.

Man, you should have ridden your XR650R for that kind of stuff. Knobbies! How'd that whale stop in the mud with those Anakees? grin.gif

150/70B-18 TKC-80 rear works ok on that wide stock rim. Handy to have a set like that ready for an easy swap over.

"My XR650R"......has been summerized.....as opposed to winterized.

......and the "whale" didn't stop very well in the mud or anywhere else for that matter. That's why I didn't go very fast.

But I sure had fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whip

Dude I would have flown out and rented a bike had I known you were doing that! Might have even let you keep the 1st place trophy. Might be worth a ride out on the GS just for that.

+1.

Maybe it could on the agenda for a Hill Country Ride?

If you re-read Whip's post, I believe you will find that he never actually claims to have ridden his bike on the track. He merely says he was the 'fastest on the track', which I take to mean "Someone put the bike onto the track for me, I saw the hill, I saw the mud, I screamed like a little girl, and I went home. I drank beer, I belched, and said 'Damn I was good today'".

No pictures. No happen.

Wow man, I should hit Torrey this year, its pretty much a straight shot from Cincinnati!

Anyone know how i could tow a dirtbike with my streetbike??? lmao.gif

Firefight911

I can just see it now...........................

photo10.jpg

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I can just see it now...........................

photo10.jpg

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I see you parked yours so you could take the pic....

wave.gif

Firefight911

I see you parked yours so you could take the pic....

wave.gif

Doh............................busted!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Archived