IGNORED

Connection to back of stock RT stereo/cd player

Samzilla

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered but I cannot find it in searches.

I have a 2006 R1200RT and a Baehr intercom. Baehr makes an audio adapter cable for the original RT radio/cd but I don't know where to plug the wires in on the back of the radio. Is there an output connection on the radio that I can plug into to make the stereo/cd play through the intercom or do i have to splice into the speakers elsewhere?

Thanks,

Ken

Here's the pinout for the CD/stereo. The wire colors do not match the R12RT wiring harness but the pins are labeled correctly. There are also 2 additional 10 pin connectors that attach adjacent the pins below. What type of connector is on the Baehr harness?

bmwradiopinoutjq4.jpg

dsc00058pg7.jpg

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered but I cannot find it in searches.

I have a 2006 R1200RT and a Baehr intercom. Baehr makes an audio adapter cable for the original RT radio/cd but I don't know where to plug the wires in on the back of the radio. Is there an output connection on the radio that I can plug into to make the stereo/cd play through the intercom or do i have to splice into the speakers elsewhere?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken

If you go to the Baehr website you will see the pins to connect too. You have to connect to the unused rear speaker pins on the back of the radio. I have done this successfully with my Autocom.

Ian thumbsup.gif

Hi Ian,

When you used the rear speaker pins with your Autocom I assume the bike's speakers are still playing too? How loud are they when the Autocom is at a useable level? Can I use the fader control to turn off the fronts and only use the rears?

I ask because I don't want my bike speakers blaring loud while I'm listening comfortably to my ER6i in-ear speakers. (In other words - I don't want anybody in traffic around me to know I'm rocking to Justin Timberlake. blush.gif)

Mike

This is just what I was looking for. Attached is a picture of the Baehr adapter cable to show everyone what it looks like. I'm told that by using this cable, the Baehr intercom is integrated into the stock stereo system without the need for splicing or soldering.

Thanks,

Ken

889985-IMG_4957.JPG.bc76049bb3a094625354d76944818971.JPG

Thanks Ian. It looks like I should use the following plugs:

Number 3 for Left Rear Positive (+)

Number 6 for Right Rear Positive (+)

Number 12 for Left Rear Negative (-)

Number 14 for Right Rear Negative (-)

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Ken thumbsup.gif

Mike

Just set the fader control to rear only smile.gif. That's what I do... (yes, there is fader control, part of the Tone controls.

Mike

Hi Ian,

When you used the rear speaker pins with your Autocom I assume the bike's speakers are still playing too? How loud are they when the Autocom is at a useable level? Can I use the fader control to turn off the fronts and only use the rears?

I ask because I don't want my bike speakers blaring loud while I'm listening comfortably to my ER6i in-ear speakers. (In other words - I don't want anybody in traffic around me to know I'm rocking to Justin Timberlake. blush.gif)

Mike

Thanks Ian. It looks like I should use the following plugs:

Number 3 for Left Rear Positive (+)

Number 6 for Right Rear Positive (+)

Number 12 for Left Rear Negative (-)

Number 14 for Right Rear Negative (-)

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Ken thumbsup.gif

Ken

That is correct, I used the autocom cable, I also installed a plug for the four wires so the radio can be removed if required.

Ian

Archived