IGNORED

No neutral green light and no start without clutch in

Herman

Coming home today, the neutral green light and the "N" stopped showing. All I get is a black icon. Also, the gear number only shows if the clutch lever is released. When I pull the clutch (in any gear-I get a black icon) Also, bike does not start unless clutch is pulled. Anybody seen this problem/solution?

Looks like a trip to the dealer tomorrow.

Likely a defective grear position potentiometer on the rear of the transmission.

Should be a straight forward warranty repair.

• 1 month later...
Coming home today, the neutral green light and the "N" stopped showing. All I get is a black icon. Also, the gear number only shows if the clutch lever is released. When I pull the clutch (in any gear-I get a black icon) Also, bike does not start unless clutch is pulled. Anybody seen this problem/solution?

Looks like a trip to the dealer tomorrow.

Did you or anyone discover what the problem was?

I took it to the dealer on a scheduled service while it was happening . In addition, the gear indicator was blank at idle but then came on at speed. It seemed to resolve itself after the service with the tech saying ??(I dunno)??

This has happened for a second time. It's going in on Tues for a siren/PA amp replacement and would like to point him in the right direction, if anyone has a suggestion.

Took it in for service, and the tech fixed it by doing a system reset. He mentioned that apparently one of the computers "got confused". It's been working fine since.

Archived