IGNORED

Victory Vision question???

motorman587

I signed up for the test drive while its in town next month. Should be interesting. Though now that HD stepped up with ABS on many of their models for '08, Victory may be off the shopping list.

Baba_ORiley
FYI - Motorcycle.com just did a first ride review of the Vision.

I rolled my eyes when I read this: "Engineers were so pleased they gave a name, NVH, for any part that reduces noise, vibration or harshness. It’s only a matter of time before it ends up in street lexicon, maybe even a rap song."

"NVH" has been part of the automotive lexicon for perhaps 25 years now. Just read any Car and Driver or [/i]Road & Track[/i] from the past several decades. Does the fact the Victory engineers found about it (and motorcycle journalists are just discovering it) neatly illustrate motorcycle engineering lagging behind that of automobiles in terms of refinement?

Speaking of the Vision what is the general opinion of the design?

I wish I had 2 more hands - so I could give it 4 thumbs down! Damn, that thing is ugly!

motorman587
I like it. New, thinking out of the box. Wish it was equip with ABS.

Ditto. I really like it.

I see you have signed up for a test ride, so did I on July 28 in Atlanta. The wife is going and it was her idea. Making it a weekend out of it. Going to wine and dine after the ride. Sweet. thumbsup.gif

Geez, I thought my V Strom was ugly. Looks like a 50's engineer tried to design a 21st century motorcycle.

Just my 2 cents.

ISYHTRAH

I see you have signed up for a test ride, so did I on July 28 in Atlanta. The wife is going and it was her idea. Making it a weekend out of it. Going to wine and dine after the ride. Sweet. thumbsup.gif

Well you'll get to ride it a full 3 weeks before I'll have the chance. Please post your thoughts!

Man-O-Man That thing is ugly enough to be a new BMW... lmao.gif Even the color looks BMWish.

I bet the HD folks are getting a good laugh.

Is it really a production item and not just a design project?

Hey! It's just an opinion.

Cheers

Steve

I wish I had 2 more hands - so I could give it 4 thumbs down! Damn, that thing is ugly!

+1 on that. It looks to me like they had two different design teams - one for the front and one for thae back, and nether team was allowed to know what the other was doing. That pointed rear end just doesn't go with the the snub-nosed front. lmao.gif

No new bike uniformly attractive to the folks around here, as the comments so far reflect.

I, for one, like the looks. I wouldn't want to lanesplit on it, though.

Man that thing does redefine ugly. I know they're trying to make a statement but I can't imagine what it might be...

New, thinking out of the box.

I don't know about you, but it looks like what you'd get if you crossed a Road Glide and an LT.

I remember when the 1200RT came out, how many of you thought that it was ugly, and now???
Personally my opinion hasn't changed at all. But even so there's a difference between merely not liking the looks of a bike and thinking that you'd actually feel embarrassed to be seen riding it. tongue.gif
motorman587
New, thinking out of the box.

I don't know about you, but it looks like what you'd get if you crossed a Road Glide and an LT.

How much can you do with a motorcycle. At least they have change the style or come up with one. That is bold and I like, going against. clap.gif

It looks to me like they had two different design teams - one for the front and one for thae back, and nether team was allowed to know what the other was doing.

In other words, an Exquisite Corpse.

motorman587
It looks to me like they had two different design teams - one for the front and one for thae back, and nether team was allowed to know what the other was doing.[/b

In other words, an Exquisite Corpse.

OK wink.gif

russell_bynum

No new bike uniformly attractive to the folks around here, as the comments so far reflect.

I, for one, like the looks. I wouldn't want to lanesplit on it, though.

I agree. Interesting blend of retro/aero/cruiser/luxotourer.

I don't want a bike like that, but if I did, I would consider this one.

Make that +2.

A Co-worker of mine went to the bike intro and came back with marketing materials. When he showed them to me I thought, this must be some sort of concept, no-one would take something like this to market. Guess I was wrong. eek.gif

motorman587
I hate to say, but she will and is. eek.gif

And when I test ride this thing with my beautiful redhead wife on the back and take a picture, I will have some wanting to prepay for a Vision. thumbsup.gif

MrHondamatic

"Quick Robin, to the Batcycle!"

Looks like a movie prop to me, but at least it IS different than the rest of the cruisers.

I like the look. Of course I have always appreciated motorcycles that go past the norm even though I do not own any....

Next to the Rune it's even uglier.

That's pretty funny.

But I like the Rune, too.

Wouldn't ever own one (well, maybe a good used one for a couple grand lmao.gif) but it's pretty.

It kind of reminds me of the K1200LT when it first came out.

That's what I keep saying and my wife says I'm crazy. I think it has a lot of the same characturistics in the body style. The price is incredible and the monster is still air cooled. I am very interested to see how it breaths in the heat. confused.gif

I like the rear lights. Very nice thinking outside the box. As relates to another thread, it is certainly a much larger rear light. Not sure I like the design with a top case. Seems like an add on that doesn't really fit. W/o the top case, it looks great.

lack of ABS is probably the only thing keeping me from considering it

Ditto

Trippo. Well, I shouldn't say that until after the test ride...

motorman587
lack of ABS is probably the only thing keeping me from considering it

Ditto

Trippo. Well, I shouldn't say that until after the test ride...

Me too, I wait until the test ride. I also saw in some pictures how "big" the saddle bags look, but once open it only opens a small area. I will have to look up close.

No doubt the design is someone's idea of "cutting edge". However, when I decided to go to the R12 RT it was because of handling, lighter weight from my present HDs, and ABS brakes to mention just a few points. I see nothing with this bike that would make me consider it. However, there is always a new market, and who knows, maybe this is where design is going. It's just not for me. Besides, the rear end looks like a huge hemorrhoid.

I find it ironic that Harley now offers ABS while Victory's "next generation" flagship tourer doesn't even have it listed as an option.

I find it ironic that Harley now offers ABS while Victory's "next generation" flagship tourer doesn't even have it listed as an option.

Exactly. Like I said prior, that alone could make me walk into the HD dealer for a nice Road King to sweetheart around town on. But the design and other features are worth a look and test drive.

I find this interesting as I chose to leave having ABS, it was making me too lazy as a rider. I like my VSTROMS and the Softail because they don't have ABS or linked brakes or anything similar.

Maybe too many years working in technology has left me wanting things simple with fewer moving parts? dopeslap.gif

Victory builds great motorcycles, and I've considered a few of them, but I like this one bette without the trunk and bags.

Thanks but, No John. I just got one of the best motorcycles in the world, a free one!

The fact that it's a beautiful softail has nothing to do with it. I like the victory, have ridden a double handful of V92s, TCs, Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin etc. The motor just doesnt't work for me as well as it could.

Did I read somewhere that the brakes were linked?

Archived