clutch chatter

beagle

I've noticed a little chatter when I first start my bike. If I pull in the clutch, it goes away. Is this a sign of something?

Never mind the previous post. I did a little more research and I started when I did my Oil change. Any recommendations for a new motor oil

A lot of our bikes have a little chatter with the clutch lever released. Pulling the clutch lever in makes it go away. Not a problem. There have been a lot of threads on this if you care to search for them.

Any 20W50 oil in the engine. Transmission oil - anything that meets the 5GL spec. I use Valvoline. 80-90 is good. 75-140 is used by some.

I've noticed a little chatter when I first start my bike. If I pull in the clutch, it goes away. Is this a sign of something?

Beagle, usually when you get a clatter with the clutch engaged but the clatter stops when clutch is DIS-engaged (clutch handle pulled in) the noise is in the transmission NOT the engine.. That is usually neutral gear rattle.. By chance did you change the trans oil at last oil change? Some neutral gear rattle is normal so that (neutral gear rattle) will probably always be with you to some extent..

Twisty

I have the neutral chatter too and it drives me nuts. It doesn't always happen but is tied to the engine speed that the lever is pulled in...the higher the speed the more likely that I hear the chatter. I'm thinking about changing my tranny lube too.

Archived