IGNORED

Staintune exhaust for 1150 RT ?

lexxol

Has anyone installed the Staintune exhaust on your 1150 RT? If so how did you like it? I did a search but came up empty handed. I don't need more power just a little more sound.

Has anyone installed the Staintune exhaust on your 1150 RT? If so how did you like it? I did a search but came up empty handed. I don't need more power just a little more sound.

Paul, here about 80 hits on just this site..

Click Here

Twisty

I found those. I want to know about Staintune not Remus. Maybe I am serching wrong. Thanks for the input.

I ran the Staintune system on my 1100RT for about 5,000 miles. More noise than I am comfortable with, especially under hard acceleration. I did not find the tone pleasant to my ears, rather more of a drone. I am not oppposed to noise either as I run Staintunes on my Ducati and like them a lot on that bike.

I have tried many different setups with my 1100 and am very happy with what I am now running:

Stock exhaust with catalyst removed

Retain O2 sensor

K&N air filter element in stock airbox

GS intake tubes

NO cat code plug, reteach the Motronic

More torgue in the useable range and less spark knock. Probably down a tad on peak HP but I use the torque more than high end anyway. Fuel economy averages upper 40's and I ride fairly aggressive.

BTW, the exhaust note sounds like a motorcycle without the calalyst to stifle it. Not loud enough to be at all objectionable.

And yes, I know that Al Gore and many of you don't approve of the mods I made. No apology here though, I like the results.

I have the Staintune on my R1150RT and love it. Running it with the Butt Plug in....nice sound.

Tomas

I have the Staintune on my R1150RT and love it. Running it with the Butt Plug in....nice sound.

Tomas

Likewise - I like the look & the sound (plug left in) of the full system I fitted to my RT, enough to splash out on a second system for my 1150R. thumbsup.gif

+1 Prior owner of my '04 GSA had dumped the cat and stock muffler for Staintune. I wear custom ear plugs so cannot be objective, but my riding buddies all say they like the sound and the bike performs nicely.

Shortly after I purchased the bike, I removed the end baffle and rode it about 2 miles...the sound was SO loud and obnoxious that immediately returned home and reinstalled the baffle as soon the muffler cooled. eek.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gif (Guess my lack of tolerance for uber loud bikes means I'll never qualify for Harley ownership. lmao.gif )

Archived