IGNORED

Richmond Va, To UnRally

jbr7t

Planning on leaving Richmond the morning of Sept 4. If anyone is making the ride and wants to join let me know. Hoping to do mostly backroads.

If you want some company, I could shoot down to your place on Monday and head out with ya Tuesday morning. I was just looking at some maps last night and it looks to be a good 6 hour slab ride for me if I leave from here.

If you're nice.....I might even duct tape my GPS to the mount so we can try and get really lost grin.gif

If you want some company, I could shoot down to your place on Monday and head out with ya Tuesday morning. I was just looking at some maps last night and it looks to be a good 6 hour slab ride for me if I leave from here.

If you're nice.....I might even duct tape my GPS to the mount so we can try and get really lost grin.gif

This is taking the look of a plan! thumbsup.gif I'd go with duct tape and a leash...and maybe a ratchet strap too!! Just watch out for 495...its a GPS eater.

Hello James and Keith! wave.gif

I'll be riding 2-up with (Terri). So I was not planning on blazing direct to WVA and would be making lots of stops as our endurance is not very high yet.

So I wouldn't want to slow you guys down, but perhaps we could meet up somewhere for some leg of the trip.

Mostly I've been planning to head down to the 301 bridge into VA, take 218 to Fredericksburg (a pretty fun road that one). There I'd pick up Rte 3, 20, 15, 231 to near Charlottesville. From there I'm considering a number of routes west. I have also been considering leaving a day early and splitting the trip in half to take in some sights (often pronounced VA wineries), etc., staying in a motel out past Charlottesville.

When it comes right down to it, my plans are not really set.

I'm open to meeting up if that works out. I'll call you James.

Steve_Witmer

I will not be able to make the unrally next year.

If your route is taking you near Harrisonburg, VA, I can recommend the Jameson Inn in Harrisonburg as a clean place to stay at a reasonable price. I was there on business a year ago. There is an Italian restaurant called Bravo in a nearby shopping center that should not be missed. Pleasant atmosphere and great food for the price.

Rt 33 out of Harrisonburg takes you into the heart of some great WV riding and you can pick your own options to get to Fayetteville from there.

Have a great Un!

Steve,

I doubt I'll head up towards Harrisonburg as I was in that area for MAYhem. We did a long loop that included 33 from Elkins to Harrissonburg. You're right, that's a great ride.

I believe I'm going be remain S of that and hit either 250, 39, or something else. Thanks for the suggest - especially for the room and board reference. I know I'll be back in that eaera sometime in a year or less. thumbsup.gif

take 218 to Fredericksburg (a pretty fun road that one).

Craig, be extra cautious on 218...that is the road my friend was killed on last week. It is a great fun twisty road, but a LOT of traffic and a LOT of accidents.

thumbsup.gif

Let me know what you decide on your winery detours. Depending on where you'll be we can meet up and ride together for a portion of the trip or take a lunch break...whatever..

Thanks. You're right, 218 is becoming too heavily driven by cagers. Wasn't too long ago that 218 only had a few homes on it. No there are developments.

As for the ride to the UN, Terri and I may ride with you guys. I'll give you a call this weekend.

Hey, this is great, you guys! I'm moving (with my RT and GS) from Lander, Wyoming to Lexington, Virginia in mid-August! I can hardly wait to get out there and RIDE, hopefully to the UnRally since it will only be 125 miles away. I went to the Un in Gunnison last year and it was a HOOT, only 500 miles from home.

Thanks for the riding tips! I'm not too familiar with this "traffic" thing.... Very sorry to hear about your buddy being killed.

Doug

Hey, this is great, you guys! I'm moving (with my RT and GS) from Lander, Wyoming to Lexington, Virginia in mid-August! I can hardly wait to get out there and RIDE, hopefully to the UnRally since it will only be 125 miles away. I went to the Un in Gunnison last year and it was a HOOT, only 500 miles from home.

Thanks for the riding tips! I'm not too familiar with this "traffic" thing.... Very sorry to hear about your buddy being killed.

Doug

Of course you do know of the requirement that you must invite us over for a weekend since you will be living in Lexington, right?!! thumbsup.gif Good riding out that way and the traffic shouldn't be too bad. I would guess that Va traffic is a sight to see compared to WY traffic. Expecially when you get into NOVa. (you will learn that is the short for Northern Virginia.) Hope the move goes well for you. I've only moved within Va and it was a lot of work, I can't imagine moving many states away!

• 1 month later...

Getting closer and closer!! We are set to leave Richmond area the morning of sept 4. Keith is coming down from PA and meeting at my house. We will then try our best to get severely lost! thumbsup.gif Hopefully ending up in West Virginia. If anybody else wants to join up let me know!!!

Terri and I are driving down on Monday 9/3 to be available for whitewater rafting first thing Tuesday morning. If anyone is riding Monday, our route will most likely be:

US-301 Bridge into VA

Rte 206 to 218 and into Fredericksburg

(a possible stop at Morton's BMW, if open)

Rte 3 to 20 and down to Charlottesville area

I-64 for a bit and take US-250 thru Staunton and into WVA Then Rte 42 and 39 to Marlington

And finally Rte 39 to US-19 and into Fayetteville

We'll be stopping for lunch at least and perhaps a site or two. If anyone wants to hook up for the ride or perhaps just a lunch along the route, PM me for my cell phone.

Otherwise, I'll see you at the UN! wave.gif

Terri and I are driving down on Monday 9/3 to be available for whitewater rafting first thing Tuesday morning. If anyone is riding Monday, our route will most likely be:

US-301 Bridge into VA

Rte 206 to 218 and into Fredericksburg

(a possible stop at Morton's BMW, if open)

Rte 3 to 20 and down to Charlottesville area

I-64 for a bit and take US-250 thru Staunton and into WVA Then Rte 42 and 39 to Marlington

And finally Rte 39 to US-19 and into Fayetteville

We'll be stopping for lunch at least and perhaps a site or two. If anyone wants to hook up for the ride or perhaps just a lunch along the route, PM me for my cell phone.

Otherwise, I'll see you at the UN! wave.gif

Sounds like you will have fun...BTW Morton's is not open on Monday's.

Archived