IGNORED

Cee Baileys...What's going on?

Eschelon1

Back in May I ordered a windshield for my 1150RT. I wanted to have it for the trip to the MOA Rally. Last week I started getting worried 'cause I hadn't heard anything. I sent an e-mail. They said they were backlogged because of so many orders, but my order would be shipped by this last Monday.

Still no notification of shipment, so I canceled. If I gotts to ride another 2500 miles with the stock screen I might as well keep it. Besides, I don't want the new one showing up on my doorstep while I'm gone or else it will be gone by the time I get home.....

Yeah...I can be a real prick when it comes to customer no service.

wave.gif

I had a similar problem with CB two years ago. They sent me two windshields that didn't fit my 1150RT (mounting holes were off). They finally refunded my money. I bought my taller/wider windshield from AeroFlow. It cost a little more, but it fits perfectly and I had no hassle dealing with them. YMMV wave.gif

Cee Bailey's is on the vendor list for the MOA Rally. If you're still interested, buy the windshield there. Then, if there are any problems, they should be quickly resolved. If you don't want to carry your old shield home, you can ship it via UPS direct from the rally site.

Of course, I'm assuming that Cee Bailey's will have the windshield you want... wink.gif

paulcbrowne

I got my sumvee w/s in 4 week from when I ordered in May. I've had previous w/e from Cee Bailey's and the only problem has been that they once sent me two! lurker.gif

Hmmm...That might be an idea, I didn't realize they were going to be at the rally.. I was hoping to have the new screen for the ride out though.

eek.gif

I ordered my sheld May 10th,,They never sent an email to me,,told me the press was down,,Heard the guy that dose the shelds walked out,,June 13th I called,,Could not find order!!!,,Told them to give me money back,,PayPal,,Never saw money back into my Acc,,,Had to call them 18 times in one week to get my money back,,THEY SUCK,,I well never order a sheld from them in this life time !!Bought a Ztechnek Airstream,,,Love it,, thumbsup.gif

I ordered a CB headlight protector from Morton's last month. CB took 7 days to get it to them. When I went to install it, I discovered that the left upper corner was mis-formed. It was bent away from the headlight, preventing the dual-lock from fully adhering to the headlight. I figured this out only after ordering a second set of dual-lock fasteners to try tht fitting again frown.gif

I emailed CB about the issue and heard nothing after a week. I sent another email. Then another. Another week went by.

The next day, a replacement protector arrived via FedEx Ground. It appeared to me made of a slightly thinner material, but don't quote me on that.

Fitting the new protector, it was obvious that it was just as mis-formed as the original.

Frustrated, I took out the heat gun and gently heated the offending corner and made it fit. The heat made the plastic a bit "wavy" in appearance, but it fit.

I sent another email to CB about returning the original protector, but they emailed me back, telling me to keep it. They also said that they had a server issue, and that prevented them from receiving my multiple emails on time confused.gif

Am I satisfied with Cee Bailey's? I dunno. The regular and tall windshields that came on my RT when I bought it are OK, save for the fact that the tall shield contacts the nose cone when fully retracted. I wouldn't recommend the headlight protector, and would maybe go with Aeroflow instead.

My .02,

John in VA

I ordered a Sundome and case liners in April and got them about 2 weeks later. Before I even installed it, I noticed the shield had a star-shaped blemish/defect embedded right in the middle that glowed in sunlight.

Their email address bounced back as nonfunctioning, so I called, they picked up the shield, and they sent out a new one within 10 days or so, no problem. I'm satisfied, and I'd buy again. BTW, I've used their windshield cleaner goop for years, great stuff.

Sounds like they're going down the toilet. To bad, I was going to order A Euro Cut windsceen for Nubb. Out of all the windscreens on the market I like their's best. Oh well, I'll keep looking for a brand new, second hand one. bncry.gif

Your solution is Aeroflow. Fast shipping, great product and tough as nails.

Why mess with companies with bad service? confused.gif

Are the Aeroflow windshields any thicker than they used to be? I had one on the 2001 R11RT I used to own, and it was very thin. The CB's are pretty sturdy, but I might try another Aeroflow for the winter.

ok, so we've established Cee Bailey's has some let's say mishaps...how about ztechnik and aeroflow? What is liked / disliked with these guys? I'm in the market so this is great!

John in VA
Are the Aeroflow windshields any thicker than they used to be? I had one on the 2001 R11RT I used to own, and it was very thin. The CB's are pretty sturdy, but I might try another Aeroflow for the winter.

Ditto on the Aeroflow I had on my 11RT, very thin and with optical distortion.

I just got an e-mail back from CB. They cancelled my order per request, but say their business is up 400% this year over last summer and that they currently have orders for 2500 windshields (May be all the new RTs out there).

I don't have a problem with their products, so far so good, I just didn't want to wait that long.

Who knows, maybe I'll see my windshield at the rally...

dopeslap.gif

ok, so we've established Cee Bailey's has some let's say mishaps...how about ztechnik and aeroflow? What is liked / disliked with these guys? I'm in the market so this is great!
Ive seen a aeroflow on a 06 RT,,Still thin,Ztechnik is the same as stock screen,1/2 the price of the aeroflow,,The Ztechnik turned my RT into a LT,, thumbsup.gif
Jeff in VA

I ordered a sumdome in June and got it just under 3 weeks later. It is my second CB windshield and I am very happy with it. The first CB windshield I bought was for my R1150RT. The first one they shipped had a defect and they replaced it promptly. Sounds like they may be having some growing pains, but I wouldn't put them on the SL.

I'm not sure that "thin" matters as long as it is tough. Due to a mishap taking my RT off of the bike lift, it fell over and completely bent the Aeroflow in half at a 90 degree bend against my boat trailer fender/tire. It bent at the center of the shield directly above the mounting brackets. I figured the shield was toast. After righting the bike it sprung back to its original shape-no bends, flares, scratches.-nada! A pretty good testimony to the strength and resilience of the shield I'd say! thumbsup.gif

Theophilus

I'm not sure that "thin" matters as long as it is tough. Due to a mishap taking my RT off of the bike lift, it fell over and completely bent the Aeroflow in half at a 90 degree bend against my boat trailer fender/tire. It bent at the center of the shield directly above the mounting brackets. I figured the shield was toast. After righting the bike it sprung back to its original shape-no bends, flares, scratches.-nada! A pretty good testimony to the strength and resilience of the shield I'd say! thumbsup.gif

I have an Aeroflow on my 2000 RT. It was on the bike when I bought the bike. Ditto the comments above; I dropped the bike on a gas pump in Alpine, Texas and folded it pretty well. To my amazement, it sprang back just fine, though my raise/lower linkage is a bit bent now. A thicker product might have cracked or crazed. All other things being equal, a thinner plate can be bent to a greater curvature than a thicker plate made of the same material without undergoing material failure (think aluminum foil on its cardboard roll). Make it too thin, though, and it will buffet in the wind. My Aeroflow does not do this, and I am very happy with the product. Can't speak to customer service issues, because I have never needed any. cool.gif

Sounds like they're going down the toilet. To bad, I was going to order A Euro Cut windsceen for Nubb. Out of all the windscreens on the market I like their's best. Oh well, I'll keep looking for a brand new, second hand one. bncry.gif

I own three CB windshields and have had two headlight protectors on my RT, both saved my headlight lens from destruction. I later decided to go with thick, direct application film.

In all my purchases through CB I never had any issues or quality control problems and delivery was always timely. Granted they seem to have a problem with meeting customer demand and I've heard some past complaints about one (1) surly customer service agent several years ago but that's it.

Cee Bailey makes quality products and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. I have no experience with Aeroflow but do with Ztechnik and I would rate the Cee Bailey windshield higher.

As with any seasonal sport, hobby, or pastime it's important to plan ahead. Ever try getting your bike serviced at the dealer during the prime riding months? The same goes for the motorcycle product aftermarket. I always try to plan my purchases in the off season when I can be assured of getting what I want when I want it.

I own three CB windshields and have had two headlight protectors on my RT, both saved my headlight lens from destruction. I later decided to go with thick, direct application film.

What made you decide to change from a hard shell protector to the film?

Couchrocket

I went from CB headlight protector on my RT to thick 3m film.

Two reasons: Looks better (invisible!) And, bugs and road crap still get smashed under the CB hardshell.

I never liked the hard shell velcro tab attachment method because the tabs too often detached from the lens. After losing one to a rock and one during a high speed sprint when it flew off the bike, I felt I needed to go in another direction. I investigated other options and that's when I found the film that was custom cut for the RT's headlight lens. I don't recall the vendor's name but I do remember it costing approximately $25 including shipping. It's very, very thick and I had to use a hair dryer to soften some of the edges enough to make them stick. The end result is a nearly unoticeable and no maintenance protector that's provided great service for over three years.

This windshield thread keeps reemerging. I've posted on three prior, I think. Maybe it needs it's own forum since it's an issue of constant interest.

Anyway, my 2 cents, repeating what I've posted in the past, is that I bought a ztechnik for my '06 R1200RT and found that although the air pocket was larger, there was more turbulence and noise than w/the OEM BMW windshield. Riding next to trucks/passing was particularly unpleasant. I'm back to the OEM windshield.

I bought it from Sierra BMW and they would not take it back (200 miles on it, unblemished). I'd try to find a way to demo before buying. Every rider/helmet combination has lots of variables and the net result is so subjective that each case will be unique. Sounds like vendors at rallies may be the way to go.

Good luck with your purchase.

On the other hand, my Z-Technic transformed the riding pleasure of my R1200RT. Quieter, pillion happier, although a bit more reaction to crosswinds.

Nice company to deal with too.

If I ever bust it, I'd buy the same again, never the stock screen.

I'm 6ft1, can look over the top of the screen when it's fully raised, the helmet noise was very high with the stock screen, needed dense earplugs. Not now though.

There must be physical variables that produce the 'for or against' views.

One experience with CB--holes were drilled incorrectly. I will not give them another chance since I now know this was not a 1-time fluke, and quality control is a process they badly need to work on. I won't be their guinea pig again.

I went from CB headlight protector on my RT to thick 3m film.

Two reasons: Looks better (invisible!) And, bugs and road crap still get smashed under the CB hardshell.

Although I have that film on my cage lights, I went with the CB 3 piece design. The 2 different colors make the front stand out more for added visibility to oncoming traffic.

The film stuff has been great on my truck though!

I like the Z-Technic windscreen and have found it. Can't seem to find 3M film for 98 R1100RT headlight. Anyone?

Thanks

ISYHTRAH

I like the Z-Technic windscreen and have found it. Can't seem to find 3M film for 98 R1100RT headlight. Anyone?
Have you already checked www.Aerostich.com ? I got some really thick stuff there and use it on my R1150RT (I just stuck it on and trimmed the excess with an x-acto knife). I've got a CeeBailey's headlight protector out in the shed out back, but I could never get used to the look of the thing. The three piece dealy looked equally as odd IMHO and I gave that one away awhile ago. I love my CB shield, though and really want a #2 Euro cut like Leslie's (now that she rarely pillions with me anymore frown.gif ).
KingBiscuit

You might take a look at Parabellum...www.parabellum.com. I bought a shield for my r1150r from them and really liked it. Several months after the purchase, I noticed some cracking around the mount bolt holes....called them up and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. When mounting the new unit, it appeared that the cracking might have been my installation, but this was not conclusive. Anyway, had a great sheild, and great folks to work with.

For what it's worth,

Dan

I bought a tall touring windscreen for my R1150R. waste of money. Thinner plastic than BWM screens and creates annoying buffeting, especially for the passenger. My sport screen is better... although not perfect. Overall the headlight assembly isnt strong enough for such a heavy screen.

Have you already checked www.Aerostich.com ? I got some really thick stuff there and use it on my R1150RT (I just stuck it on and trimmed the excess with an x-acto knife). I've got a CeeBailey's headlight protector out in the shed out back, but I could never get used to the look of the thing. The three piece dealy looked equally as odd IMHO and I gave that one away awhile ago. I love my CB shield, though and really want a #2 Euro cut like Leslie's (now that she rarely pillions with me anymore frown.gif ).

Thanks Jamie, I'll check Aerostich.

I really like CB's Euro cut as well. Nubb is Glacier Green. I think CB's green tinted shield would look really nice on him.

However, with all the CB woes I'm reading about I dunno as I want to order one.

Technic's seems to be the option at the moment.

ISYHTRAH

ISYHTRAH

confused.gif

Me too, just had raisin toast this AM.

I found Aerostich headlight protector film. I assume the lower number mil. is the thickest?

Thanks in advance.

ISYHTRAH

ISYHTRAH

confused.gif

Me too, just had raisin toast this AM.

I found Aerostich headlight protector film. I assume the lower number mil. is the thickest?

Thanks in advance.

ISYHTRAH

^

|

|

|

what 'dat mean????? dopeslap.gif

I ordered a SumVee from Cee Bailey and received it in about two weeks. I wanted it cut down another 3 inches so I called and got a Return Authorization number. I shipped it back by UPS ground (Georgia to California.) Last night the cut down version was at my door - only about 10 days after I sent it! I was shocked at how quickly I recieved it, particularly after the reviews here. BTW- the new shorter shield works GREAT.

I've bought two windshields and a set of bag liners from Cee Bailey and I have been very happy with all of them. I will buy from them again.

Mike

I ordered a SumVee from Cee Bailey and received it in about two weeks. I wanted it cut down another 3 inches so I called and got a Return Authorization number. I shipped it back by UPS ground (Georgia to California.) Last night the cut down version was at my door - only about 10 days after I sent it! I was shocked at how quickly I recieved it, particularly after the reviews here. BTW- the new shorter shield works GREAT.

I've bought two windshields and a set of bag liners from Cee Bailey and I have been very happy with all of them. I will buy from them again.

Mike

Perhaps things are improving at CB's?

Drew, I'm Sorry You Have To Ride A Harley.

ISYHTRAH

ISYHTRAH

Whew! I can finally sleep now.

The mystery is revealed lmao.gif

ISYHTRAH

Whew! I can finally sleep now.

The mystery is revealed lmao.gif

Hee, hee, glad to help. Good night!

ISYHTRAH

Archived