IGNORED

R1200ST: Pictures of Wunderlich Strada windshield/headlamp bundle

lightcycle

lightcycle

We just ordered the windshield/headlamp cover bundle from Santa Cruz. The windshield is actually an Ermax, and the headlight cover is a black piece of plastic that you use double-sided tape to affix over the headlamps. I don't know if I trust double-sided tape, so I'll probably find some silicon glue or something similar.

169889822-L.jpg

169889635-L.jpg

169890002-L.jpg

169890087-L.jpg

We ordered the graduated screen (dark at the bottom, clear at top), but what came delivered was the tinted screen. The wife will have to decide if she likes it or not. The height of the screen is about the same as stock, just fills in that annoying V notch at the top. We'll see what the wind dynamics are when we take it out on the road.

Apologies in advance for the thread hijack but where did you get those engine guards? How "plug and play" are they?

Gene, I like it too. Do you have details ? I can't locate it on Santa Cruz's website. I actually like the totally tinted look.

Jim VonBaden
It's a definite improvement over the stock look.

thumbsup.gif

The screen looks great! Not so sure about the headlight cover. I'd have to see it in person. Going to the MOA?

Jim cool.gif

Gene, I like it too. Do you have details ? I can't locate it on Santa Cruz's website. I actually like the totally tinted look.
Its at (bmwsantacruz.com)Great people,,Have worked with them for years,, thumbsup.gif
bmurphypdx
Apologies in advance for the thread hijack but where did you get those engine guards? How "plug and play" are they?

I, too, would like some info on the engine guards. Thanks in advance!

lightcycle
where did you get those engine guards? How "plug and play" are they?

Those are SW-Motech, I looked at the instructions and realized I was missing a few tools so we got the dealership to do it, they charged us a minimal amount of time to install (I think 1 hour). The website says you don't have to remove them to do oil changes or removal of cylinder head covers to do valve adjustments. We ordered them from: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2484/427/

Do you have details ? I can't locate it on Santa Cruz's website. I actually like the totally tinted look.

It's not listed on the Online Store link. I downloaded the Wunderlich catalog: http://www.wunderlich.de/html/cat/eng/R1200ST.pdf

Look up the part number (Strada bundle is 8160639). In the Santa Cruz's Online Store section, click on "Order by Part Number", and $299.95 later: voila!

Going to the MOA?

Unfortunately no, BMW Canada is hosting Summerfest at Mosport that weekend: Racing, stunts, test rides, music. We're camping out there and watching a couple of friends race. We'll have to make it out to another MOA.

bakerzdosen

I'll agree the screen looks good.

I have the same engine guards (in silver) on my ST. It wasn't extremely easy, but I did it in under an hour at the last tech daze. If I remember correctly, I did need a pretty big "breaker" wrench to get the bolt out initially.

Not as good as your photos, but I did something similar, ordering a tinted windshield from Cee Bailey's:

012607_16251.jpg012607_16261.jpg

I think it looks better than stock, but I also think the stock windscreen manages the airflow a bit better . . . it seems that the v-notch actually has an effect in reducing turbulence around the helmet. Or maybe it's just my imagination. crazy.gif

Archived