IGNORED

Birthday Money

jbr7t

What to buy?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have $100 dollars my wife gave me and said..."This HAS to be spent on stuff for your bike!" Stating the obvious I know, but I can't decide on what...Please help. thumbsup.gif

Put 'em all on layaway but pick them up in this order.

1. Communication system..autocomm or (not J & M)

2. Zumo

3. Aftermarket seat..Maybe Corbins

4. Cee-Baileys Windshield and headlight cover

Oh, and Happy Birthday! thumbsup.gif

Jerry_75_Guy

Hhmm... I'm with Bill and SAAB93Driver; go ride, and/or get all the stuff thumbsup.gif

...but lets assume you ain't gunna, or can't do that: I know what I'd choose for myself, but my kind of riding may not be your type of riding, in other words, we need more info on what kind of riding you do for us to be able to give you a good vote if you can only have one item wink.gif

99Roadster

You'll need to communicate before navigating.

Get the communications device first and then the GPS.

The other stuff can wait.

Hhmm... I'm with Bill and SAAB93Driver; go ride, and/or get all the stuff thumbsup.gif

...but lets assume you ain't gunna, or can't do that: I know what I'd choose for myself, but my kind of riding may not be your type of riding, in other words, we need more info on what kind of riding you do for us to be able to give you a good vote if you can only have one item wink.gif

Yes, I definetly plan to get ALL the items at some point. Just can't afford them all at once. As for my style of riding: I commute to work a lot, go out on my own to wherever until I have no idea where I am and then try to find my way home, two up with the wife (usually just day trips with her) I am hoping to start doing some longer trips and hope to do a cross country trip. Basically I just love to ride.

Jerry_75_Guy
my style of riding: I commute to work a lot, go out on my own to wherever until I have no idea where I am and then try to find my way home, two up with the wife (usually just day trips with her) I am hoping to start doing some longer trips and hope to do a cross country trip. Basically I just love to ride.

Okey Dokie; vote's in, tough call though. I also voted for the intercom; it's not as 'sexy' as a new windshield or seat (when you do that, grin and bear it and spend the extra coin on a Russell 'day long' seat, seriously, even though the price tag may make you nervous), but it provides a foundation for lots of other 'really nice to have' farkles, and, most important, I find that it really enhances our mutual enjoyment of the ride when my wife and I can converse while we're underway, and anything I can do to make the ride better for my wife (increasing the likelyhood she'll want to ride more) is a very good investment thumbsup.gif

I recommend the Autocom, but be aware, once you've added all the wires and accessories you want/need to make it do everything you want it to do, it will create a pretty salty bill tongue.gif (considerably more than the 'C' note your wife gave you).

I have $100 dollars my wife gave me and said..."This HAS to be spent on stuff for your bike!" Stating the obvious I know, but I can't decide on what...Please help. thumbsup.gif

When you find any of them for $100.00 let me know so I can buy them too tongue.gifcrazy.gif

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

All great choices, but first things first. I have all of the items on your list, and my Russel seat would be the last to go. The rest is fluff. My seat is never an issue no matter how long I ride.

Put 'em all on layaway but pick them up in this order.

1. Communication system..autocomm or (not J & M)

2. Zumo

3. Aftermarket seat..Maybe Corbins

4. Cee-Baileys Windshield and headlight cover

Oh, and Happy Birthday! thumbsup.gif

+1

James......I agree with this order. The comm system (J&M on mine. Don't bust on it till you have tried it) has the largest impact on my daily riding.........not to mention it is nice for Danielle to be able to chat with me without yelling over our shoulders at each other. I will buy a Zumo (or some comparable model that doesn't exist yet) as soon as Sirius is available on it. I feel the aftermarket seat is only a necessity if you will be doing long days in the saddle (300+ miles) on a regular basis. The aftermarket windshield is nice also, but I only crank mine the whole way up when it is cold out or I'm cruising at over 80mph (which happens daily, but I only feel I need the big shield when it is under 50 degrees out)

Just my $.02 if I was to do it all over again.

By the way......Happy Birthday. Do you get an insurance break this year??? lmao.gif

Maybe put it aside for if you happen to end up with one of those new 'Virginia Only' extra fines!! dopeslap.gif

I agree - comm system first but they are all good to have.

One thing I'd do is get the custom seat first and then look at the windshield. Why? Because the custom seat may change your seating height and you could end up with a windshield that is slightly too short. (yep, happened to me)

Jim

I said aftermarket seat BUT it all comes down to what you currently dislike the most. For me I already have the autocom and a GPS...I just don't like my stock seat. This is why I say "make yer buns happy". If you go with the autocom first folks will just get sick about hearing about your buns anyway smirk.gif

Assuming you have some other cash to add to your gift money, I go for the seat first. I like to keep my wife as happy as possible and I really like when we ride together. I am thinking about the comm thing next myself, having already solved the seat issue, and I am excited to be able to share the sights and experiences we witness together. I am not much for shouting over my shoulder so the comm is my next big thing.

Sidmariner

In order of practicality:

1. Headlight guard (save a mint on replacement damaged headlight)

2. Cee Bailey windshield (improves foul weather riding),

3. Aftermarket seat,

4. ZUMO

5. InterComm system. (I'm conflicted on this one. Buying one might be an enduring sign of love to your wife, signifying to her that you love to talk to her while you're riding. Problem is though...you might actually have to talk to her while you're riding. Personally, I'd buy a "Cone of Silence" if it were available smirk.gif

ConeofSilence2.gif

Yes, I do get the insurance break this year. I guess I should call and see just how much that will be. HA!

As for the $100 I do have some more I can add to it. I'm thinking of doing the comm system and buying the headlight guard myself..just in case..it's def. cheaper than a new headlight. That seat would be nice though!! I will definetly have to get that before my cross country. I'm going to have to get them all at some point! Anybody wanna make a donation? HA Thanks for all the input.

Archived