IGNORED

Home from Idaho

WURTY

I took the family and 4 dirt bikes this time.

18 days in the trailer with 2 kids 2 dogs and a wonderfull wife who put up with the whole mess.

100_0698.jpg

The time with the whole family was just enough to remind me how nice it is when your riding alone on the street bike..

Here is a picture of my son and I riding on our own in the hills south of Twin falls.

100_0716.jpg

My kids Wyatt and Wyndy both got to say " Fish On " about a hundred times each.

100_0808.jpg

Junior gets to learn how to clean fish.

100_0819.jpg

I did get a chance to do some serious dirt riding with a few locals from Twin Falls.

They made me ride 55 miles in and 46 miles back just to say I have been there.

They tried to whoop up on me a bit extra just because I am from california.

Here they are all smiles at our turn around point on the border of 3 states.

Gary , Dennis and Cody can kick some serious A$$ on dirt bikes.

100_0727.jpg

This is my second trip in 2 years with these folks so even though they refuse to say it I think we are friends now.

This was no sit on your ass and putt putt on a dirt road.

I am talking straight up the sides of mountains across multiple streams everything from cow trails to grasslands. I do admit when I had a chance to look up and see where I was it was breath taking.

100_0754.jpg

Most of the time I was wide eyed, $hit eating grin trying not to auger off of the cliff I was riding on.

Here is me posing at 3 points survey marker in nowhere Idaho.

100_0729.jpg

My new friends in Twin Falls are all dirt riders and I haven't yet talked them into purchasing a street bike.

That is the only way I will ever be able to put the fear back into them as they did to me riding the mountains of Idaho.

This is me after 2800 miles of towing the big rig.

100_0789.jpg

This next picture is what a kicked ass looks like after 90+ miles Twin Falls county.

100_0730.jpg

The trip was not without some damage.

I did manage to get my 10000 pound trailer on a road it shouldn't have been on and to get it off I got this.

100_0788.jpg

Our whole family got to participate on the following family day.

100_0735.jpg

Next Father's Day we are heading back to Idaho for more riding and visiting with our new friends.

Firefight911

Awesome post Wurty! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Family time!! Aaahhhhh! Say hello to Smart, Kiss, Wise, Stupid, Dumb, and Sweet! lmao.giflmao.gif

The free time you get on your Strom is valuable & probably necessary. But the memories your kids will have of trips like that will last a lifetime. Beats the heck out of Mickey Mouse any day. thumbsup.gif

Pat

AdventurePoser

Well, Wurty,

It looks like you had some real quality time with the Family Unit!

Twin Falls is great, isn't it? Listed as a Top smaller city in Outside Magazine a few years ago, I believe.

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Nice tale.

This was no sit on your ass and putt putt on a dirt road.
You talkin' 'bout me lambskin? You're the one said I shouldn't be out there on my own grin.gif
ericfoerster

Nice snappers Wurty. That dirt looks like some fun with the kids. That is THE way to spend some vacation time thumbsup.gif

Brian for all the money that a new BMW costs you could buy a dirtbike and nice trailer and still have money left over for cigars and cheap scotch.

Killer I didn't mean anything personal...

Whip after seeing your soaked pictures I feel for you.

I have to thank Gleno for showing me how to post those pictures.

The Idaho thing is so awesome I am already planing next years return trip. clap.gif

The Idaho thing is so awesome I am already planing next years return trip. clap.gif

Isn't that called retirement?

Roydog

I didn't either.

Late in the day junior wanted to eat some fish so that was all we caught. I threw the big ones back.

ya sure.

Nest year is only 2008 Brian.

I can't actually move to Idaho untill 2010 so we keep going back to make sure it's the right thing.

I'm convinced but I am still buttering up the wife.

You got a dishy wife there, boy. What you need with sheep?

Glad to hear you had such a good time, Wurty. Idaho's gain is our loss.

Francois_Dumas

I like them 'fish and kids' pictures thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Great tale and pictures. Good on you for having such a good time !

This was no sit on your ass and putt putt on a dirt road. I am talking straight up the sides of mountains across multiple streams everything from cow trails to grasslands. I do admit when I had a chance to look up and see where I was it was breath taking.

Great pics brother. When you gonna' show me how to ride in the dirt? Something 'bout standing on the pegs confused.gifeek.gif

Give you wife a kiss for me. See 'ya at Torrey.

WURTY said Here is a picture of my son and I riding on our own in the hills south of Twin falls.

oh man, what a view! thumbsup.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

Archived