IGNORED

heads up in DE. LEOs in boom buckets in the trees

barncobob

From the article:

Friday's operation -- and others like it planned this weekend, including a drunken-driving checkpoint in Newark on Friday night -- are not about doling out tickets, Whitmarsh said. "It's about getting to and from your destination safely," he said.

Police hope an increased presence on the road and media attention will slow drivers down and prevent wrecks.

So... it's not about ticketing... and they are hoping "an increased presence will slow drivers down" -

...and yet they are hiding in the trees!

I just hate that double-talk BS. It's well-known that the sight of a police cruiser will slow drivers... but they're in a boom truck.

Just a bunch of "Infernal Revenoor's!" tongue.gif

DaveTheAffable
I just hate that double-talk BS. It's well-known that the sight of a police cruiser will slow drivers... but they're in a boom truck. Just a bunch of "Infernal Revenoor's!" tongue.gif

Yeah.... I hate it too. What happened to the good old days when if we didn't see a cop we knew it was safe to drive drunk, speed like hell, and put others at risk.

frown.gif

DaveTheAffable
We're getting more and more like the UK every day. Funny how that happens.

Yeah... that stinks too. All those cameras on the streets watching people. Less than 24 hours after terrorists try to kill hundreds, they've already made several arrests.

It would have been much better if hundreds of peoples privacy on the public streets were protected... for the last few minutes of their lives before they got blowed up, than to possibly try and catch the people doing it.

Stupid Brits

frown.gif

They even hide in plain sight!! Coming down the Angeles Crest this morning, up hill riders signaling 'officers', the guy in front of me continued on his way at 47-48 in the 45 zone. 'Round the bend and there is Mr. Officer on a bike. I was lagging back 200 feet or so and the CHP bike pulls out in front of me without a signal, go figure. He follows the Suzuki ahead of me for a mile or two and the guys never slows below 48 mph. Finally pulled him over for speeding in the 45 I guess. You'd think that he'd check the mirrors once in a while! Since I and the boys were following at 44 mph we went on bye.

Got I love this RTP. Seems its confused with the real McCoy. Then again, I'm not setting any records when we see so many of the Black and Whites up the hill.

Y'all not be so speed scoffy now... wave.gif

Yeeha! Stephen
Honey..get me a beer..this uns gonna be good..

lurker.gif

10-4 to that!

I just don't get the mentality though. Why hide?

Are there that few Speeders up there?

Jeez, my little town has 10 Motor Officers and they are constantly busy and they don't hide.(Council is looking into adding a few more - Cha Ching!)

Our guys sit out at the edge of the roadways in groups of 2 to 5 and munch 'em out like an Assembly Line. We even have the little Hand Held Computers that swipe your DL and prints out a Citation like an ATM receipt, and the Officers still don't get a chance to rest. They actually have to call out for Break to get away from it all.

So... are those Cherry Picker/Boom Truck guys just looking for the "Big Ticket" offenders?

We're getting more and more like the UK every day. Funny how that happens.

Yeah... that stinks too. All those cameras on the streets watching people. Less than 24 hours after terrorists try to kill hundreds, they've already made several arrests.

It would have been much better if hundreds of peoples privacy on the public streets were protected... for the last few minutes of their lives before they got blowed up, than to possibly try and catch the people doing it.

Yep, I agree. The path you'd have us on is not a country I want to live in.

DaveTheAffable
Yep, I agree. The path you'd have us on is not a country I want to live in.

NOOO...It's not MY path. I don't like it either. I see it as a sign of things to come. I don't like big brother, and I don't like terrorists OR speeders thinking that if there is no cop present, or watching on closed circuit tv, or from a cherry picker, that the behavior is ok.

We don't need more Cops or More Cameras. We need more people, worldwide, who engage in better behavior.

And, we don't need more people who whine about cops, cameras, tickets, and enforcement issues... while providing no alternatives or solutions.

Archived