IGNORED

What size bolt is it??

Al Navecky Jr

Al Navecky Jr

What size bolt is needed for the mounting hole on the right grip on my 2000 RT. I know it is NOT 7 x 1.0 (just a bit too small), 8 x 1.0, or 8 x 1.25. It looks like it maybe left-hand tread.

Thanks

Al Navecky Jr
It is left hand and I THINK it is 8x1.25.

Thanks for the reply!!

That’s what it looked like to me. Why would they put a left-hand tread on the right side? The wind pushing the mirror (clockwise) would just loosen the mirror. confused.gif My 1978 650 Yamaha had a left-hand tread mirror on the left and right-hand on the right.

Now I just need to find a left-hand 8mm in Warren, Ohio. Or tap it out to 5/16 or 10mm.

I think they probably put a left hand thread so that in a tip over the bolt loosens rather than breaking the mirror.

It is left hand and I THINK it is 8x1.25.

Thanks for the reply!!

That’s what it looked like to me. Why would they put a left-hand tread on the right side? The wind pushing the mirror (clockwise) would just loosen the mirror. confused.gif My 1978 650 Yamaha had a left-hand tread mirror on the left and right-hand on the right.

Now I just need to find a left-hand 8mm in Warren, Ohio. Or tap it out to 5/16 or 10mm.

Don't forget you'll need to get a left-hand wrench too. wink.gif

Al Navecky Jr
Try Handyman Supply or Andrews Hardware in Howland.

I’ll stop at Andrews today as I only live 2 mile north off 46.

Al Navecky Jr

Don't forget you'll need to get a left-hand wrench too. wink.gif

Lucky I have them. Thanks for all of your replies.

Archived