IGNORED

Brake Pad Wear Warning

John_in_Arizona

John_in_Arizona

With 3398 miles on my '07 K1200GT, the brake pad wear warning light came on. I'm wondering if the sensor is the problem. Does anyone have a rough idea as to what sort of mileage one can expect on a set of brake pads? Also, has anyone ever encountered a problem like this with their Beemer, R or K model?

Does anyone have a rough idea as to what sort of mileage one can expect on a set of brake pads?

Congats on the new bike John! clap.gif

But I think you shoulda got an RT..Didn't the salesman tell you that brake pads only last approx. 1000 - 2000 miles on the GT? You'll need to buy them by the case if you ride much.. grin.gif

Just kidding John..I'm no mek anic but there are plenty here who are..Stand by... thumbsup.gif

Bill_Walker

My buddy had this happen to his '07 K-GT going through Las Vegas on the way to Torrey. He had had new tires put on just before the trip, and the dealer mechanic had damaged one of the front sensors when he put the wheel back on. YMMV, but apparently those sensors are easily damaged. Have you had the wheels off?

chrisolson
With 3398 miles on my '07 K1200GT, the brake pad wear warning light came on. I'm wondering if the sensor is the problem. Does anyone have a rough idea as to what sort of mileage one can expect on a set of brake pads? Also, has anyone ever encountered a problem like this with their Beemer, R or K model?
Some have reported a "less than perfect" installation of the restraining wire ties that causes the sensor wire to break close to the brake caliper. Warranty repair...no problem (except of course if you really have a pad problem and it bursts into flames, or causes catestrophic brake failure, I never told you this !! grin.gif)

I've 12K on mine with the original pads, but wear is HIGHLY dependent on your driving style - lets just say I also got 12K on the original front tire ... YMMV!

Archived