Picked up the new RT!

red1

I hope you all will share in my unbridled joy! I picked up my new R1200RT on Tuesday, and am thrilled to bits with it. It has exceeded my expectations, though it is taking a little getting used to the position of the controls (quite different from my old Intruder). The tranny is a little clunky in comparison, but it shifts easily, and I understand it will get quieter as it breaks in. I realize pics are appreciated here, so I will try to post some ASAP. Already have almost 500 km, and booked the first service for this week. I'm stoked! smile.gif

Congratulations red1. Enjoy that new BMW and when you get a chance fill in the rest of your bio so we can know something about ya!

Red's the fast one... right? Hard to tell without pics. lmao.gif

Congrats on the new bike. I went from a Honda to my 1100RT. "A little clunky" is an understatement. It'll grow on you.

I've got a friend who refers to the BMW tranny as "agricultural". I think he means - like a tractor.

Finally got the pics downloaded, I hope they come through. Went for a great little ride this am; what a superb machine! grin.gif

884508-Bike3.JPG.2e813705d91156f1d8a16d1e2f0ac641.JPG

Nice bike, but do you find it hard to see around that sticker on your windscreen?

The only things I'd add to finish it off are the BMW scuff protectors for the side cases, and the BMW cylinder head protectors. Both work very well in a dead stop, parking lot, slow-speed drop to the ground.

.........when you get a chance fill in the rest of your bio so we can know something about ya!

Thanks for filling it in Bruce.

That's going to be my next bike an '07 RT. Couple of years down the road though.

Enjoy!

It doesn't have all the options; they lump options together as a variety of packages. My bike has package 2, which includes heated seats, the radio (which I have found works quite well up to 120 kmh), and a few other options, but not traction control (I assume that's what ASC is). If I had wanted that, apart from the additional expense, it would have involved a delay in delivery for a bike to come from out of country. After giving it some thought, and doing a bit of research, I decided to not persue it. I'd be interested in what others think of traction control on a sport touring bike.

I'd be interested in what others think of traction control on a sport touring bike.
Not sure if i would want it or not - but I definitely wouldn't want BMW's 1.0 version.

Archived