IGNORED

Wheel lugs

mrduck

OK I know this is a question that's been asked before but what it the torque for the rear wheel lugs?

Tried finding it in search but no luck confused.gif

OK I know this is a question that's been asked before but what it the torque for the rear wheel lugs?

Tried finding it in search but no luck confused.gif

Don, no oil or grease on the studs,, then torque to 105Nm in successive passes in a crisscross pattern.. Rear brake caliper to 40Nm.. Personally I like to recheck for being tight in about 200 miles or riding (I don’t retorque but just check for tightness)..

Twisty

Agreed.

I cleaned the threads with WD-40 & a wire brush the first time I did a tire change.

Torqed 'em to spec, & all is right.

Thanks guys,got it all buttoned up,lubed the speedo drive while it was apart.Took it for granted the front caliper bolts torqued the same as the rear as they're the same size.

Did see some corrosion on the rear lugs,kinda strange thing for here in the desert.Put a small drop of blue loc-tite on all the bolts,something I've done on the offroad bikes for years and nothing ever came loose on them!

New set of Conti Road Attack-thought I'd try sumthin different this time!

What a great bunch here-thanks

wave.gif

I laways thought Elephant tight was enough for bolts and things. Technically it's like an RCH. Just less than a quarter past snap off.

Garage wise I use a small copper tube extension on the lug wrench or allen wrench to snug up stuff. Don't have no stinking torque wrench when I'm on the road. Then again if you do proper maintenance at home, do you need to on the road?? wave.gif

Archived